"Edgun Leaky" Rifles DOA Out of the Box

• Thread starter Deleted member 46769
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Odenwald I have owned all edguns and one stupid question , did you try cocking gun then filling sometimes this will allow the poppet to seal if it is empty , the lelya is a great gun and very simple , as for leshiy I still own a V1 and it only had 1 leak in 100k pellets threw it , so try this and post please , I have dealt with Brian since 2019 , He is the importer for them , The cost to ship gun to seal is expensive and the lelya for examle can be stripped down in 5 minutes with 3 metric allens , one of the simplest pcp platforms , as for leshiy2 this is only one I never got , I am not big on semi autos I only one one a styer , ok let me Know , so we can sort this for you
ps when u fill lelya is it leaking out of barrel ? if so cock it

I see encase wrote same thing lol he is correct , I am surprised Brian did not tell you this

LOU

The Edgun factory always deliver the guns with low pressure air about 50 Bar - if you receive one without pressure send it back

I did not, 2 out of 3 Leshiy 2 came with no pressure at all, shoulder side o-rings was fine but bone dry, just adding lube so the o-rings could move and seal fixed the problem

All this could be avoided if the Edgun factory let the guns sit for a couple of day and checked the pressure before sending

It's unfortunate you ran sellers lack of service and support. Other including myself had similar experiences. Read this thread.

Hello and welcome to the forum. That is a disappointing first entry story for sure, for brand new airguns. Brian has a service request system on his website that is not email based, apparently. I read a post from another buyer who had some problems and this came to light.

Which models are not accepting a charge? Were they shipped completely empty? Did you dry-fire them while empty? Be careful doing that, in case you didn't know, as this can damage the valves on some designs (R5M & Lelya and most other PCP's with standard valves) and cause them not to hold air.

What is your charging method? I suspect that with a fleet of airguns and employees in a business that you might have chosen a compressor. If a hand pump, sometimes it will not fill fast enough to seat the firing valve if starting from empty. Edguns also have a 2 or 2.5mm hex socket bleed screws on their reservoirs; make sure these are snug.

I have an Edgun r5m, nearly identical to but larger than the Lelya. That design is quite robust and easy to work on. The Lelya is quite a compact pesting gun. I myself would not buy a Leshiy 2 because of its increased complexity over the R5M/Lelya and because it is a relatively new design. I think reloading with a manual magazine fed design such as the r5m and Lelya with the forward cocking lever is fast enough to satisfy without going semi-automatic. You can keep your shooting hand on the grip while cocking with your off hand.

Last edited:
I just do not understand how why any business would opt for short term profits over long term repeat customers. Very foolish attitude IMO.
I'm sure you'll be pleased with the availability of service assistance from FX if and when it becomes necessary. Brocock is made by Daystate whose customer service is sub-par IMO, though others may disagree.
Best of luck to you.

One is an Edgun Leshiy 2, the other is a Leyla 2. The leaks are instant, i.e., the fill just flows through and out immediately. The fill gauge never moves.
You may have an undersized fill probe. I have one, and it leaks at the fill port on all guns but my matador. I have it marked, and keep it stored away. You may try one of the other probes that shipped with the other guns. The fill probe should be fairly snug, and not have much play when inserted into the fill port. Make sure both orings are not damaged on the probe, and be sure the probe is inserted all the way into the port. Also try to index the small hole between the orings towards the front of the gun.

Last edited:
I've bought numerous airguns from Edgun West but I've never read the terms and conditions....until now. Apparently, according to the terms, "*All Gun Sales Are Final*". So if you buy a gun from him he keeps your money no matter what, including when the gun is defective. Instead of a refund you get a store credit which you would use to get another gun or some other product from the store, but you're not getting your money back. So what happens if you get a defective gun and he doesn't have what you want in exchange in stock. You just wait until he gets it someday, all the time your money is kept, preventing you from buying something from some other store? Now that is an odd way of doing business.

Also worth mentioning regarding the terms. If you buy an optic from Edgun West and it's defective, you need to go through the manufacture to get it fixed. And if for some reason you return an item that isn't defective you're going to get hit with "At Least a 25% Restocking Fee".

I did get a defective gun from him once, and he did pay to have it shipped back to him. At which point I ordered a different model which worked fine.

To the original poster. I'm reasonably sure that Edgun West will fix what you bought from him. Hopefully if the guns are defective the shipping back to him and then back to you will be on his dime not yours. Hopefully Edgun West will tell us his side of the story and why he doesn't give refunds even when what he sells is defective.

Last edited:
A lot of companies providing goods and services institute “indemnity clauses.” If you’re used to reading the “Terms of Service,” “User Agreements,” and “End-License User Agreements” of technologies and products you consume this shouldn’t be too surprising. Indemnity clauses are meant to protect businesses from liability.

Now I’m reading of AGN members who have had decent service with EdGun West despite what the terms say. My personal experience was a little different when I made an inquiry. Ultimately choosing who we spend our money with is a personal choice.

I’m really curious to see what went wrong with the OP’s two guns.

Last edited:
I would just sort it out and then you know , I am sure it is very minor thing it isnt worth doing anything but curing it and stocking a few orings in future edguns are by far easiest guns to fix , he mentioned getting a fx well they great also but way more complicated to someone who does not fix their own stuff yet
I bought 5 or 6 edguns from Brian and not one ever came leaking he always did check things before he shipped them , Brian has done this along time and would not ship a gun out with say a loose drain screw or a missing oring , He would make sure they held air , so nothing needs to be shipped back , however maybe today you need to drain things to send them out I am not sure of latest shipping rules as they always used to ship with air when I bought them , EDguns are a good platform.
LOU

Last edited:
The rifles are fairly easy to work on, though can be intimidating if these are your first guns. The Leyla is a smaller version of the R5M, and I have taken mine apart more than a few times just because I was bored. The Leshiy2 is a bit more involved but it really isn't that hard. You can find exploded parts diagrams on EdGun Wests site, so you can see all the seals and everything.

How are you trying to air the guns up?
Where is the leak coming from?

There are a few things that could be happening, and they are all fairly easy to fix. Don't be worried about taking apart the rifles

Sorry to hear you've had issues. It's always frustrating. I recently purchased a Matador from Edgun West and it was a good transaction. In fairness, I live right up the street about 25 minutes away from them. I did however have a few issues with my gun degassing on a couple of occasions, so I brought the gun in and Brian handled it in short order. The first time it was an O-ring shearing on the newer version of the stock reg. The second time, he simply replaced the reg to another one (I think a modified old version?). But I had no issues. Others here could probably help troubleshoot.

I will never do business with Brian at edgunwest ever again. He’s arrogant, self centered, and does not care about his customer base. I recently watched a YouTube video from AEAC channel where he interviewed Brian at RMAC. At one point, in the background a passerby said something to Brian while he was talking to Steve. The look he gave the guy said it all. Steve looked sort of uneasy about it also. I’ve also seen videos of him with Ed making fun of customers trying to solve the short comings of certain parts of his prized guns. It’s a shame really, because the Leshiy 2 is a technological marvel, and really is a sturdy, and rugged platform. In fact, I own 2 of my own. That being said, the warranty/service setup is just a waste. If you don’t want to work on these yourself, finding another brand with good customer service is the best suggestion I can give you. I hope this gets resolved, but my gut tells me it’ll be a long and drawn out process.

After reading the thread I'm inclined to think you likely are dealing with an un-seated o-ring. As mentioned, for PCP rifles you should expect to do some of the maintenance on these yourself. Locating the un-seated o-ring, taking the gun apart and inspecting is pretty much par for the course.

These guns aren't that hard to work on at all. They don't require much in the way of tools or specialized knowledge.

I may be the only devils advocate here and don’t know much about the edgun leshy etc. but maybe, just maybe the guns were not filled correctly with air? Maybe that should be eliminated first before crying foul. It just seems strange that more than one gun shipped to the OP have the same issue.

After reading the thread I'm inclined to think you likely are dealing with an un-seated o-ring. As mentioned, for PCP rifles you should expect to do some of the maintenance on these yourself. Locating the un-seated o-ring, taking the gun apart and inspecting is pretty much par for the course.

These guns aren't that hard to work on at all. They don't require much in the way of tools or specialized knowledge.
Maintaining a gun is one thing, but needing to perform work on a brand new gun or it won't shoot, is quite another.

Status
Not open for further replies.