"Edgun Leaky" Rifles DOA Out of the Box

• Thread starter Deleted member 46769
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 46769

I am a former Marine and familiar with firearms, but new to airguns. I run a pest control business and bought some airguns to dispatch groundhogs and other pests. We gathered what we thought was reliable advice, and purchased three Edgun Leshiy 2 and one Lelya 2 from an outfit called "Edgun West".

Two of the four brand new Edguns arrived DOA, i.e., not holding air at all. Wouldn't take a charge.

This is probably a simple matter of O-rings, but we have no interest in working on these two DOA rifles, and neither does Edgun West. In fact, when I reported the problems to Brian Meckler himself, the response we received was a link to Edgun West's "Terms and Conditions".

I have contacted most of the larger airgun businesses in the U.S., in search of someone who can get the two rifles up and running. Most of the responses have been a read-between-the-lines slam of Edgun West, and they just aren't interested in working on that brand of rifle.

Interested in hearing any advice you may have. Again, we aren't interested in being rifle techs, beyond keeping them clean, filled, and lubricated.

P.S. We subsequently purchased some FX Crown Continuum and Brocock Sniper XR rifles, and our shooters never opt to take the two functioning Edguns on calls.

.....we aren't interested in being rifle techs, beyond keeping them clean, filled, and lubricated....

While I sympathize and fully agree that a brand new rifle should hold air.......I've found that a big part of owning/using airguns is keeping them running. If it's a PCP, it WILL eventually leak. If it's a springer it WILL eventually break a spring. If it's a compressor, some part will eventually wear out. Like a vehicle there are consumables-tires and oil, and sometimes bigger stuff needs replaced like new water pumps, or new serpentine/timing belts or new transmissions even.

Yes, it sounds like the retailer should be responsible for the two new gun leakers. My input is more directed at the reality of long-term owning/using of airguns.

While I sympathize and fully agree that a brand new rifle should hold air.......I've found that a big part of owning/using airguns is keeping them running. If it's a PCP, it WILL eventually leak. If it's a springer it WILL eventually break a spring. If it's a compressor, some part will eventually wear out. Like a vehicle there are consumables-tires and oil, and sometimes bigger stuff needs replaced like new water pumps, or new serpentine/timing belts or new transmissions even.

Yes, it sounds like the retailer should be responsible for the two new gun leakers. My input is more directed at the reality of long-term owning/using of airguns.
Roger that.

Reactions: Hoffman9517
Sorry to hear about Edgun West but that is about par for the course. Hopefully you used a credit card to purchase the rifles from Edgun West. I would contact them and file a charge back to the vendor. That was my only recourse when I dealt with him. I would not purchase free pellets from Edgun West.

I am a former Marine and familiar with firearms, but new to airguns. I run a pest control business and bought some airguns to dispatch groundhogs and other pests. We gathered what we thought was reliable advice, and purchased three Edgun Leshiy 2 and one Lelya 2 from an outfit called "Edgun West".

Two of the four brand new Edguns arrived DOA, i.e., not holding air at all. Wouldn't take a charge.

This is probably a simple matter of O-rings, but we have no interest in working on these two DOA rifles, and neither does Edgun West. In fact, when I reported the problems to Brian Meckler himself, the response we received was a link to Edgun West's "Terms and Conditions".

I have contacted most of the larger airgun businesses in the U.S., in search of someone who can get the two rifles up and running. Most of the responses have been a read-between-the-lines slam of Edgun West, and they just aren't interested in working on that brand of rifle.

Interested in hearing any advice you may have. Again, we aren't interested in being rifle techs, beyond keeping them clean, filled, and lubricated.

P.S. We subsequently purchased some FX Crown Continuum and Brocock Sniper XR rifles, and our shooters never opt to take the two functioning Edguns on calls.

@Odenwald Can you provide a little more info here?

1) Which guns leaked (were both the same model)?

2) Can you explain the leaks in more detail?

a)When you tried to fill the guns did they happen to leak from the barrel never filling the reservoirs? Or did they take air upon filling, but then leaked out?

b) Could you hear the air leaking or was it slow and silent?

c)Approximately how long did it take the air to leak out?

What are "Edgun West's 'Terms and Conditions'" that preclude you returning the merchandise for a refund?
Semper Fi!
It was in lengthy legalese and gave them the right to tell us to pack sand if they sent us faulty goods. Remarkable. John Wayne did say life is hard if you're stupid, and I was in this case, as I apparently agreed to those terms during the checkout process.

Semper Fi!

Reactions: Audigit
Sorry to hear about Edgun West but that is about par for the course. Hopefully you used a credit card to purchase the rifles from Edgun West. I would contact them and file a charge back to the vendor. That was my only recourse when I dealt with him. I would not purchase free pellets from Edgun West.
We attempted to unwind the purchase via the chargeback process with our business card. Edgun West must have a better legal team, LOL, because the card company reversed the chargeback. We immediately fired them, of course.

Reactions: Audigit
That is a terrible way to be treated on your introduction into airguns, but unfortunately in your research you missed the fact that Edgun West has apparently been running in the 'too busy to care' mode for a while now. Not an excuse, just a fact. Plus you started off with some pretty complex guns in the L2's (or any of the semi-auto airguns).

I'm glad that your crew has found some 'winners' in what you have purchased for your business. Based on personal experience, the Brocock Sniper XR is an excellent gun and is one of the real values in airguns these days. It should serve your needs very well.

I hope that things work out well with the use of airguns in your business. Franklink is quite accurate in the assessment he provided, but over time everything which is brand new to you right now will start to make more sense, and should become quite manageable.

It was in lengthy legalese and gave them the right to tell us to pack sand if they sent us faulty goods. Remarkable. John Wayne did say life is hard if you're stupid, and I was in this case, as I apparently agreed to those terms during the checkout process.

Semper Fi!
No sir my friend!
That agreement is not worth the paper it is written on.
Request a refund and return the defective items.

@Odenwald Can you provide a little more info here?

1) Which guns leaked (were both the same model)?

2) Can you explain the leaks in more detail?

a)When you tried to fill the guns did they happen to leak from the barrel never filling the reservoirs? Or did they take air upon filling, but then leaked out?

b) Could you hear the air leaking or was it slow and silent?

c)Approximately how long did it take the air to leak out?
One is an Edgun Leshiy 2, the other is a Leyla 2. The leaks are instant, i.e., the fill just flows through and out immediately. The fill gauge never moves.

That is a terrible way to be treated on your introduction into airguns, but unfortunately in your research you missed the fact that Edgun West has apparently been running in the 'too busy to care' mode for a while now. Not an excuse, just a fact. Plus you started off with some pretty complex guns in the L2's (or any of the semi-auto airguns).

I'm glad that your crew has found some 'winners' in what you have purchased for your business. Based on personal experience, the Brocock Sniper XR is an excellent gun and is one of the real values in airguns these days. It should serve your needs very well.

I hope that things work out well with the use of airguns in your business. Franklink is quite accurate in the assessment he provided, but over time everything which is brand new to you right now will start to make more sense, and should become quite manageable.
Indeed. This is a case of my/our own failure to do adequate research. I was not aware of the seller's reputation, but should have been. Yes, that Brocock is a very, very good tool. The FX as well, and I picked up a Kalibrgun Argus 60 which is also a monster. Where we are is a wildlife pest zoo, so business is booming.

One is an Edgun Leshiy 2, the other is a Leyla 2. The leaks are instant, i.e., the fill just flows through and out immediately. The fill gauge never moves.
@Odenwald The Lelya I’m familiar with. Did the same person fill all of the guns? Do you know if the person filling them cocked the cocking levers before attempting to fill these guns from empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.