Tuning EDgun L2 REPR + Monster Redesigns?

20211120_120538.1637431581.jpg

I've got an L2 with 350mm barrel. I was hoping to shoot the .22 25g Monster Redesigns at 975 fps.

I can adjust the REPR regulator to squeeze out 900 fps but that requires the reg to be set much higher than I'd like (about 190b).

Without going to a longer barrel (or using such a high reg pressure) I'm guessing the only way to increase velocity is to change the jets?

Anyone shooting the Redesigns out of a similar setup?

Thanks 

-Michael

Stock jets in the .22 L2 are 1.4 Stock Jets in the L2 .25cal are 0.4 That's a big difference! So, if you're wanting to shoot Heavy .22 you're going to have to go with different jets. For a pellet that heavy I'd suggest starting with 0.8 and work your way down till you hit the sweet spot. This will also allow for lower Reg pressures.. Just gotta find that sweet spot then Leave it Alone and shoot :)

Tom

Michael - you're in for a challenge to try and get more out of the 350mm barrel. I've never been able to sneak more than 45-47 fpe out of it. Recently got the 600mm Alfa .22 barrel and am shooting the .22 RDs a touch over 1000fps @ 160bar.

Have you changed the jets? Multiple sources tell me that is the solution. If @edgunusa can shoot the .30 44g at 750fps (54 fpe) out of a 250mm barrel, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to squeeze 52 fpe out of a 350mm barrel.

Are you running stock .22 jets?

Michael - you're in for a challenge to try and get more out of the 350mm barrel. I've never been able to sneak more than 45-47 fpe out of it. Recently got the 600mm Alfa .22 barrel and am shooting the .22 RDs a touch over 1000fps @ 160bar.

Have you changed the jets? Multiple sources tell me that is the solution. If @edgunusa can shoot the .30 44g at 750fps (54 fpe) out of a 250mm barrel, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to squeeze 52 fpe out of a 350mm barrel.

Are you running stock .22 jets?

I'm not running the stock jets. I'm running a 0.5mm and a 0.3mm set of nozzles. One thing to note is that I am running original valve from a first run L2 with an upgraded REPR reg. Newer valve will give a little more efficiency I believe. 

I'm not doubting any setups Brian has achieved but I have to imagine that is really loud and super high reg setting. Probably not very efficient. Regardless - it seems the L2 gets more efficient as you go up in caliber. Huge transfer port able to fill the larger .30 caliber barrels.

I hope you are able to fine your tune.

Interestingly this REPR equipped L2 owners comments about low speeds coming out frequently. Me in example I had it way too high out of box and I needed to lower.

I guess I can talk for all of us in Canada, our L2's came with the old style internal regulators not REPR, and my Leshiy2 350mm in .22 in example was shooting out of box 980-990 fps.

I didn't got the jets kit and I had to drill out the jets to lower the speed to 900 where I actually want it.

Also, the internal regulator refresh = regenerating = recovery time is better, vs REPR.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/post-your-leshiy-2-tunes

Interestingly this REPR equipped L2 owners comments about low speeds coming out frequently. Me in example I had it way too high out of box and I needed to lower.

I guess I can talk for all of us in Canada, our L2's came with the old style internal regulators not REPR, and my Leshiy2 350mm in .22 in example was shooting out of box 980-990 fps.

I didn't got the jets kit and I had to drill out the jets to lower the speed to 900 where I actually want it.

Also, the internal regulator refresh = regenerating = recovery time is better, vs REPR.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/post-your-leshiy-2-tunes

Yes, mine came out of the box (repr .22 350) shooting 830fps at 120b reg, but raising it to 145b where it sits now only net me 860fps. I don’t see high speeds being possible with this setup without removing the dog one and collar that were put in the new valve. This is supposed to lower es, and quieten down the valve a bit, but it looks like it comes at a sacrifice of much higher reg pressures. This paired with the larger jets is probably helping hinder our FPS gains. The .25 and .30 don’t seem to have these issues, and they lack those parts, plus come with the smaller jets. 

all that paired with the reg creep I see with this new repr reg, and I’m not too sure it was a good thing to go with. Not sure if a disassembly and polish of the reg surfaces might help, but it’s sure annoying. I guess you get a little and give a little with new improvements. 

I will agree that the refresh in the REPR is slower than the original inline regulator. But still faster than the Huma regulator - that was a disappointment with a very slow refresh rate.

I do think the REPR and the original reg both suffer from reg creep - but I have a feeling this may be a symptom of a reg with a refresh fast enough for the L2. 

I (we in Canada) got the L2 somewhere early Aug.2020 for a full piece prize, and right next week the REPR equipped L2's pictures surfaced all over the Net for the same piece prize, that was kind a emotional...within one calendar week my L2 got outdated in both technically and the $$$$ value. That is fine, I could afford the feeling.

Right now I have the REPR on backorder for couple of months, and tinkering very seriously just to cancel it and diy one Reg gauge directly on the tube. Ones I learned what the Leshiy2 is capable of doing I got sure I don't have to play a mechanic with the external Reg. Put the allenkeys aside and go shootin ;)