• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun EDMU issues

Anyone have problems with their EDgun EDMU electronic gage? I bought one used from an AGN member, who had it on his Impact (gage is less than one year old). When I replaced the Wika gage on my .30 FX Bobcat Mk2, and re-filled the tank/tube, it initially appeared to work correctly, and I was thrilled. As the EDMU is the exact same size as the Wika, I assumed (correctly) that it would work fine. Imagine my surprise when next morning my pressure had dropped from 250b to 170b. So, I removed the EDMU, re-checked the threads and sealing area (it held pressure forever with the Wika), and reinstalled the EDMU, re-filled the tank/tube, and performed a soap bubble test on the threads/sealing area. No leaks, and no obvious air loss noise. I put the gun away, and next morning, same thing. It appears I have a very slow leak from the gage internally. I've been told there is an o-ring inside that seals the pressure sensor, but would like to see an exploded diagram or blueprint of the gage prior to doing any maintenance. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
​Mike

Hi Mike,
All I know is what's on the EDMU manual and the video about it that Ed did on his channel and on Brian website, apart from that, I looked at the one in my R5M and the only O'ring that I see is the one that comes just under the circuit board, but in my opinion is not a pressure seal o'ring, it's kinda moisture seal to prevent any damage to the circuit board above it.
Hope it helps, bye bye

Alejandro

PM from Ed regarding the EDMU issue:
​_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Hi, Hi Mike,
You need to replace the O-ring behind the sensor. So, to get access to it you should take off the glass, then take off the screen with the motherboard (carefull with the wires), then unscrew the nut (with three whole on it) which holds the sensor to the shell and under the sensor you will find the 0-ring to be replaced.
Ed
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

​Thanks Ed!!! As always EDgun epitomizes customer service...
PS., this is a different o-ring than the one Alejandroo and I discussed above...

Unfortunately, what Ed didn’t say is more important than what he did say. In order to remove (unscrew) the inner pressure plate to replace the oring, you need a special tool. Instead of making it with two dimples 180 deg apart so a circlip pliars works, he made it with three shallow dimples 120 deg apart. So far I have been unsuccessful in removing the pressure plate to replace the oring. I don’t think it is designed or made to be worked on contrary to Ed’s guns. The battery is, however, super easy to replace... My EDMU is now a small paperweight. ? I would venture to say that after the novelty wears off, the Wika or Huma gages are a better more reliable choice. I have a Wika on my .30 FX Bobcat Mk2, and a Huma on my .22 DS Renegade. Plus the Wika comes standard on the Kalibrguns (I have the .22 Mini Carbine). All three are accurate and work perfectly. 

I just changed the battery in mine and it stopped working all together. I tried the reset function an it still doesn’t work. I fill the tank and the gauge still says <5 bar. I know it’s at 200 bar because I have a Huma gauge hooked up to the pressure relief port. I’ve emptied the tank and refilled it several times and it still doesn’t register any pressure. I put the FX gauge back on and it works fine. I guess these are good until you change the battery after that “no workie”

I'm not sure since I bought mine used off AGN. The EDMU has a very slow leak and its not from the 1/8 BSP threads. I had e-mails with Ed from EDgun, and he says the pressure plate under the battery can be removed and oring replaced. But it requires a special three pronged circlip type pliars or wrench that not only don't I have, but I've never seen one before. I appear to be SOL with the EDMU.

I'm not sure since I bought mine used off AGN. The EDMU has a very slow leak and its not from the 1/8 BSP threads. I had e-mails with Ed from EDgun, and he says the pressure plate under the battery can be removed and oring replaced. But it requires a special three pronged circlip type pliars or wrench that not only don't I have, but I've never seen one before. I appear to be SOL with the EDMU.

Sent you a PM on this.

So I had the same issue with my leshiy. I like the edmu very much. The functions are awesome, and the package is quite nice. I did however replace my very slow leaky edmu with a Huma gauge from Brian. I don’t know if Brian will service the gauge since it does require a special tool. I love my leshiy and I like simple and durable, hence the replacement of the gauge. The Huma is rock solid. The edmu is very nice, but does require a little maintenance.