EDgun EaZy fill

I like it.

But have a question....as advertised, no more bleeding of lines, so that means the fill hose is going to stay pressurized. In one ad photo it shows a male foster on the non-probe end, like it can just hook into female foster already on the end of most of our fill stations. All great but if the oring in the female foster goes bad, won't it drain the whole tank? I've had to replace a handful of the orings inside female fosters, seems like they see more abuse than a typical oring in pcp (say an oring holding air in the gun).

Also, if it stays pressurized, does the probe get removed from the gun while pressurized? Seems like that'd be rough on the orings of the probe too. I guess this could be alleviated by using a female foster on the end of the EaZy instead of a probe, but then we'd be trying to detach a female foster that's under pressure. 

Maybe I'm missing something....

I see the benefit big time. I’ve always hated the wasting of air on a bleed. If testing a gun over a chronograph a couple of top offs from a 45 minute tank into a 250 bar impact and before long, your tank won’t top off that impact, mainly to all the wasted air bleeds. 

When done topping off your gun, close your tanks valve, but still keep the hose pressurized. Hen another gun top off is needed, open tanks valve, insert your probe or QD onto your gun, depress the EaZy lever it l your gun is topped off, pull probe out of gun, shut off main fill tanks valve. Simple

The way I look at it, Ed and his staff surely are conducting so much testing with the L2 that they came up with the EaZy Fill to alleviate down time and wasted air. They could have just made it for themselves but are offering it to the public for sale. They are a business after all. Given the design and the limited size of the airtank on the L2, it might be worth it to some or maybe not. It depends on how much you shoot. Just the way I see it.

Dumb question about the Eazy. 

I recently acquired both the "EaZy 300 DIN -Hose" and the "EaZy Fill -Trigger". They came in one box. Everything was as expected but there was one little white ?teflon? seal or thick washer or spacer or something. 

I couldn't tell what it was for. I tried putting it in the EaZy Fill Trigger, between the main body and the QD Foster fitting, since that was the only unassembled part. But that destroyed the teflon bit.

Is this part important? Everything works without it, but I can't tell what it's for. The only other place I could imagine it might go is between the bottle and the EaZy 300 DIN Hose attachment. 

If it's important, where do you find these little gizmos? 

edit: Talked with Brian at Edgun West. He confirms it does go between the trigger and the foster fitting, just like I tried. I suppose I overtightened it, and that's why it turned into a taco. For now I'll just wrap the threads in teflon tape. Seems to work fine without it. 

Reactions: RScott