EDgun EDGun Eazy Fill leaking....

Hello all!

I purchased an Edgun Easzyfill unit some 3 months ago. This is an expensive unit, but as many of you have already attested, an absolute pleasure to use. However, when it began leaking air (from the front discharge), I returned it to the dealer, who replaced it. The dealer then informed me that all his units displayed a similar leak.

Has anyone had experience with a leaky unit? I have stripped and cleaned all parts (in the ultrasonic bath), lubed and reassembled, and no luck! Still leaking.....

I'd love to hear your input on this. I've sent a WhatsApp to Ed from Edgun in Russia, but have not received a reply as yet.

Thanks,

Mike

Here is the exploded view....

eazy_fill_exploded.png

Hello all!

I purchased an Edgun Easzyfill unit some 3 months ago. This is an expensive unit, but as many of you have already attested, an absolute pleasure to use. However, when it began leaking air (from the front discharge), I returned it to the dealer, who replaced it. The dealer then informed me that all his units displayed a similar leak.

Has anyone had experience with a leaky unit? I have stripped and cleaned all parts (in the ultrasonic bath), lubed and reassembled, and no luck! Still leaking.....

I'd love to hear your input on this. I've sent a WhatsApp to Ed from Edgun in Russia, but have not received a reply as yet.

Thanks,

Mike

Here is the exploded view....

View attachment 388494
Hit up edgun west, he responds rather quickly.

Under what circumstances does your unit leak?

There's no normal circumstances where mine has leaked, but I have managed to make it leak when I've done some odd things with the unit. When I first got the unit, I threaded 6 in too tight, and it destroyed one of the teflon square rings (10), which made it so the unit couldn't pass any air. Then I backed 6 out somewhat and it started leaking under pressure. So I removed the destroyed square ring and sealed the unit with teflon tape, and it's been fine ever-since.

Those teflon square rings have really tiny holes in them, at least in the first generation of these units. If you overtightened them, they'd easily plug up.

There is one silly case I've managed to make the unit leak -- if you keep it attached to your bottle when you're filling your bottle (as opposed to the gun), it will leak. i.e. you just need to detach the easy fill unit when putting air into your bottle. This is a feature of the unit, not a bug.

Last edited:
Hello Delooper!

My unit simply free-flows as soon as I open the valve on the cylinder. It's almost as if the adjustment screw is slightly too far in. But it's properly adjusted. I checked this by adjusting the screw in and out. No change.

When filling the bottle, I never have the valve attached.

I have attached a video of the leak...

Last edited:
While your video is getting ready, can you tell where your leak is emanating from?

I see roughly 4 holes: bottom (where 4 and 11 are), top (16), tank side (6, 17) and gun side (7).

edit: your video is ready now. Looks like gun side (7).

I would remove the quick-connect where the leak appears and re-insert with some teflon tape on the threads, if you don't already have teflon tape on the threads. When you have it out, check the condition of the teflon square ring (10). If it appears damaged, you can get rid of it, i.e. reassemble without it.

If the problem persists with the above changes (or with 7 removed from the unit) I'd imagine there's an issue with the bottom mechanism, maybe an o-ring is nicked or something of that sort.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Ok, it leaks from the front of the gun, at the discharge side. Using tape there is moot - it would only be useful whilst filling to prevent blow-by under pressure. Even the female Foster fitting removed, it bubbles out there, i.e. the leak is upstream of the fitting, inside the main housing. No teflon ring inserted there either - the Foster fitting has a tapered inlet which is not compatible with the seal. O-rings were replaced, no luck. I suspect the sealing flange on part 3 (the tapered area) where it seats in the Alu housing.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Mine developed a major leak from where the brass plug screw in on the bottom. Contacted Edgun and they sent me the orings from the inside to replace. Fixed that major leak, but......
Mine has always never been able to hold pressure and slowly trickles out air.
I never leave my main bottle valve open after filling but during a shooting session, but would leave the lines pressured with the easy fill attached. No matter if I completely reseal the easy fill, it still slowly loses pressure until the line is completely drained. Now, I just drain the line after filling. It's safer and honestly, you are not losing but maybe a shot or two by draining the line between fills which is nothing to worry about.

Reactions: TiPascal
Thanks, GA_LeadHead!

The first one I had maintained pressure for about 3 days before it developed a leak! I would never leave the valve open after the shooting session, but it's very helpful during the session. You know, if it was a $20 item, I'd let it ride... but man! Is set me back Rand 3000 in SA. That's a lot of Tom to pay for a leaky valve... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply!

Mike

I had an issue where mine was leaking from the front as OP describes. I did try replacing just the o-rings as #12 was pretty flattened out but this didn't fully resolve the issue. Ended up being part #3 had become deformed. I picked up one of the rebuild kits from Brian at EGW and replaced all the internals - this fixed the issue.

Reactions: RScott
Mike - I was surprised to read this impacted multiple units. I do have two of these and I've had to repair them over time. I keep mine pressurized most of the time and have had to replace o-rings multiple times. Seems the parts get squished after a while. It's a very convenient item when working properly.
Yes, you are absolutely correct! That's the big pity - once you've used this item, it's VERY difficult to go back to the caveman way.... ;) I certainly hope I'm able to resolve the issue. I just don't want to spend more (I see the seal kits are aound 267 Euro) to FIX a brand new item.... :(

I hope EdGun stands behind their product by either replacing the seals, or improving on the design.

Mike