edgun easy fill '

i have an easy fill purchased a yr or 2 ago used, i want to start using it , i received it with no connections but there was a little whitr seal with a hole in the center, in the bag it arrived in ..is it supposed to be installed in the input end , or just wrap the male fitting wih thead tape TIA

The seal goes behind the foster fitting, without the need for thread tape.

Reactions: RAMJET66
Do you think that the amount of air it saves from not needing to bleed your tank line before removing the fill probe from the air gun/pistol is a lot of air, makes the return on investment worthwhile? Just trying to get a sense of how much air is lost every time one releases that air in the line after each fill to gauge the value.
It would depend upon your particualr line, it's length and ID as to the volume lost. I use a short line and it was not a micro-bore so I used three pieces of trimmer line inserted into the ID. Yes, it makes a huge difference so I can easily see how the Easy Fill could save air.

It would depend upon your particualr line, it's length and ID as to the volume lost. I use a short line and it was not a micro-bore so I used three pieces of trimmer line inserted into the ID. Yes, it makes a huge difference so I can easily see how the Easy Fill could save air.
I use a 40" microbore air hose that came with my Great White tank, do you think this would save a lot of air?

Do you think that the amount of air it saves from not needing to bleed your tank line before removing the fill probe from the air gun/pistol is a lot of air, makes the return on investment worthwhile? Just trying to get a sense of how much air is lost every time one releases that air in the line after each fill to gauge the value.
While it saves a good bit of air, I don't think it would ever make sense in terms of "return on investment." The cost of the easy fill would pay for MANY tank fills at a dive shop, and it does not save that much air - at a minimum for most shooters, the payback time would be well over a decade.

That said, I think the best "return" on this might be the reduced amount of noise from venting after a fill, at least until one vents the line feeding the easy fill. It lets out such a tiny bit of air that it is sort of a small pop. After all, when we vent it is not just what is in the line, but also what is in the valve body too, and that could be a cc or two to add to the line.