EDgun calling out Ted’s FX Warcat review

Let me preface this by saying that I believe Ed has no malicious intent with this video but he does make some very interesting points. 

I came across this video this morning and was very entertained by it. I think Ed is drawing attention to the fact that we have to take all gun reviews with a grain of salt, no matter who it’s from, but especially when some reviewers are clearly sponsored by the company they promote. 

Personally, I appreciate it if an airgun reviewer clearly states in their video if they are sponsored in any way by the company or product they are about to discuss. 

As a physician myself, when I go to a drug rep dinner, the presenter/doctor of that drug (by law) clearly discloses that he/she is being compensated by the drug they are promoting. Keeps things honest. 

Here we go. 

https://youtu.be/JZe5qQ8VB4M

I have to admit, when I first heard Ted talk about the importance of "not blinking" my B.S. radar went off. I suspect that with my rifle sitting on a secure bench that it wouldn't matter how violently I blinked. It would not change the Point of Aim of my rifle at all.

Flinching is another thing entirely and the biggest reason I am a crappy pistol shot to this day. I don't flinch because of the recoil, I flinch in ANTICIPATION of the recoil. It occurs before the shot and ruins my accuracy. Blinking happens after/during the shot (and quite often before as well). I have never had my POA change while looking through a scope because I blinked. The eye muscles are just too small and far removed from the gun to make a lick of difference.

That’s brilliant!! 

Does anyone else remember when Edguns were more hyped than any other time before that (or since).. and who was doing the hyping? Everyone HAD to have an Edgun. There were used guns on the YF selling for more than retail and a waiting list a mile long. 

I hope they’re still friends. Ted put Ed(guns) on everyone’s radar years ago, and rightfully so..they’re amazing rifles! This video made me want one even more, just because Eds so cool, haha. 

Brian

This is similar to what Ed is using, I use it on a X95 sometimes.

1539554634_14411061775bc3bd4aaebf88.82631961_8EB2909C-4FB0-4481-8F5E-FA4A97431B8D.jpeg

Reactions: Steyr