• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Edgun Behemoth Moderator Clipping

You make them big enough and long enough, they clip.

Not familiar with the rifle if you are attaching it to a shroud and the shroud is not well supported you will get clipping.
I'm not familiar with it either, but looked up some pictures. The shroud on them does not bottom out on the receiver, just like my Uragan. With my Uragan, that left the shroud not well supported to put it mildly. Putting on the light Uragan moderator on the end of the shroud made it droop, with the huge exit hole of the Uragan moderator, it didn't clip but was very close to it and created issues with accuracy just from the uneven flow of air around the pellet as it was exiting the moderator. I just put a nylon spacer between the end of the shroud and the frame, allowing it to act as a second point of contact when screwing the shroud on with tension against the receiver, stiffened it right up and no more problem putting a moderator on end of shroud. If things are out of square, this could make it worse so need to check.

Reactions: OldSpook
I ran moderators on my tapian 22 and 25 cals with the schroud and with out scroud with no issues , but if you got 25/30 cal one the hole should be plenty big It is possible your adapter isnt square ? I never had a shroud be not lined up and I have had over 6 taipans , where did it clip just at end or hit inside also ? but you can remove schroud . shere did you get the adapter for 1/2 20 ? i used donnys on all my guns with no issue

Interestingly enough, there is no more .25 caliber Behemoth, there is only a .177/22 version and a .25/.30 version. The .25 version has been discontinued because (according to Ed) there was no significant difference in sound with the .30 caliber can on a .25 cal barrel... so it's not the exit hole.
1,24 mm makes no significant difference.. Well it depends on his definition of significant.. It will be significant in my ears..