Edgun Ammo in RWS 56

Bought some 22 caliber 18 grain Edgun pellets to try in my Leshiy, they shot well but what really surprised me was when I tried them in my RWS 56. They consistently shot PCP size groups at 35 yds. Worst group was 1/2" for 5 shots. For those shooting RWS guns I think they should be on the try list. My RWS 56 is out of the box, no mods other than sling swivels and a scope.

I think the reason the Edgun pellets shoot so well in my gun is the head diameter and skirt diameter are perfect for my barrel. I think if you find one pellet that shoots well and then measure the head and skirt diameter you could limit the number of pellets down that you have to test to find the best one just by limiting the ones you try to those diameters. Most manufacturers don’t list skirt diameters but they do list head diameters for there match grade pellets. Getting the right head diameter to start would cut down a lot on the number of pellets you have to test to find the right one.

Tried the Edgun pellets 22 caliber 18.1 grain pellets in two of my other springers today. An RWS 48 And an Impact Arms RM 100. In the RWS 48 they were the most accurate pellet in it so far with the H & N Sniper Magnum second. I am judging accuracy at 35 yds and it is in the low 40F's with winds gusting to 5 mph. In the RM 100 the Edgun pellet shot well but this gun shoots many pellets well and I could match and sometimes beat the Edgun pellets with JSB and H & N. I can now say if I had an RWS 48, 52,54 or 56 I would definitely give the Edgun pellets a try.