• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun accuracy question! Bended Barrel??

Hello guys.
I was making some groups at 40 meters and I notice a lot of fliers.

I'm using an EDgun Scope 10x44, and I had to zero it at 70 metes, because the turret can't go closer.
The Edgun has a 30 MOA rail.
So, the scope turret is almost 3 Mrad from the bottom vertical limit.
Can this affect the accuracy?

After saw this, I notice another thing, the barrel is pointed UP.

Look the gap from the barrel to the cylinder.

Now, looking through the barrel.

I'm thinking to loose the stress nut of the barrel to see if it made some changes.

What do you think guys?

Thank you!

I'm no Edgun expert, but the barrel certainly looks a bit bent upwards to me. It also looks like this is causing the plane of your scope to be pointed downward toward the barrel. That's likely what is causing you to have to max out the elevation turret on your scope and that can certainly lead to inconsistency. A scope will almost always be at it's most consistent when you can shoot the gun with the scope as close to optical center as possible. For an experiment, you may want to try shimming up the front of your scope to match the plane of your barrel, then rezero your scope and try shooting again. If you can get your scope closer to optical zero and eliminate the fliers you will have found the issue. I'd try that to rule out issues with the scope before trying to adjust the barrel on the gun. 

Good luck getting it sorted out. Having issues like this can be very frustrating but most everything can be fixed one way or another with some effort and patience. 

Regards,
Cliff

Thank you for the reply Cliff.

I solved part of the problem, was ME.
I didn't use the right shoulder pressure. The gun was too loose.
In the white target I used the 3 dots for POA, and I adjust the turrets for differents POI.
I started on the bottom, and then I realized that with more shoulder pressure the groups got tightened.

But I'm still having some fliers.
For 40 meters I can expect less then 1/2" constantly, right?

Cheers