• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun 9mm vs rattler .357

Trying to round out my tools on the shelf, Would apreciate any hands on comparisons between the two. I believe Ive narrowed down my next purchase to these two. “open to suggestions”

I have a wildcat mk3 Bt sniper In .22 “also have .25 cal barrel kit” 60-70fpe

fx dynamic .30 cal 700m pushing 60 grain at 960fps 120 fpe

I’m looking for something more “compact than the dynamic for ground blind/tree stand hunting.
Having a hard time deciding on the two, I like the idea of the massive fpe of the rattler and ability to shoot slugs.

I prefer aesthetics and compact pack in pack out of the edgun.

I don’t think in my application either of the above platforms I will be shooting past 60 yds

Both seem like very loud platforms have not heard either in person.

Last edited:
Trying to round out my tools on the shelf, Would apreciate any hands on comparisons between the two. I believe Ive narrowed down my next purchase to these two. “open to suggestions”

I have a wildcat mk3 Bt sniper In .22 “also have .25 cal barrel kit” 60-70fpe

fx dynamic .30 cal 700m pushing 60 grain at 960fps 120 fpe

I’m looking for something more “compact than the dynamic for ground blind/tree stand hunting.
Having a hard time deciding on the two, I like the idea of the massive fpe of the rattler and ability to shoot slugs.

I prefer aesthetics and compact pack in pack out of the edgun.

I don’t think in my application either of the above platforms I will be shooting past 60 yds

Both seem like very loud platforms have not heard either in person.
I own both provided you are talking the Leshiy 2 in 357.
Rattler-
-75-100+ FtLbs more then the Leshiy
-louder but not unbearable. More than quite enough for in the field.
-The longest slugs you want to shoot the magazine will handle.(.7875”)
-15 shot non removable magazine
-IMO the better way to go…

Leshiy 2(357) 450mm barrel
- for 357 light on power
-limited on slug length(.429” max)
-very quite with the behemoth(like inside the house quite)🤪
-compact being able to remove moderator and fold the stock for discreet transport.
-8 shot removable magazine
Pic is Leshiy info. Shows reg setting, fps, ftlbs
And at 145bar on reg I was getting 21 shots to a fill shooting the 350cc bottle from 280bar down to 180bar

If your looking to deer hunt I would not classify the Leshiy 2 as a deer rifle by any means. I settled on the hades and it does fine for say smaller game up to AZ coyotes at the 50-60 yard mark with confidence.
The Rattler is a whole different animal and is my go to coyote rifle these days. I would use the rattler 357 as a deer rifle at appropriate ranges and the correct slug and foot pounds of energy. I would have no problem taking coyotes 200-250 yards with the Rattler. Would only use the Leshiy 2 up close and personal in the brush 40-60 yards for coyotes and that’s what I bought it for. Compact/discrete and quiet is where the Leshiy shines

This is just my opinion. Take it for what you will. I have real world crono data on both if you want the info send me a PM

IMG_7898.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I own both provided you are talking the Leshiy 2 in 357.
Rattler-
-75-100+ FtLbs more then the Leshiy
-louder but not unbearable. More than quite enough for in the field.
-The longest slugs you want to shoot the magazine will handle.(.7875”)
-15 shot non removable magazine
-IMO the better way to go…

Leshiy 2(357) 450mm barrel
- for 357 light on power
-limited on slug length(.429” max)
-very quite with the behemoth(like inside the house quite)🤪
-compact being able to remove moderator and fold the stock for discreet transport.
-8 shot removable magazine
Pic is Leshiy info. Shows reg setting, fps, ftlbs
And at 145bar on reg I was getting 21 shots to a fill shooting the 350cc bottle from 280bar down to 180bar

If your looking to deer hunt I would not classify the Leshiy 2 as a deer rifle by any means. I settled on the hades and it does fine for say smaller game up to AZ coyotes at the 50-60 yard mark with confidence.
The Rattler is a whole different animal and is my go to coyote rifle these days. I would use the rattler 357 as a deer rifle at appropriate ranges and the correct slug and foot pounds of energy. I would have no problem taking coyotes 200-250 yards with the Rattler. Would only use the Leshiy 2 up close and personal in the brush 40-60 yards for coyotes and that’s what I bought it for. Compact/discrete and quiet is where the Leshiy shines

This is just my opinion. Take it for what you will. I have real world crono data on both if you want the info send me a PM

View attachment 380552
I have a new Lesley 2. 9mm Only pellet I find it will cycle with is the hades 77,16gr will not cycle with the fx 81gr. Also the zan pellets fit to lose in magazines not allowing them useful. So have several boxes of zan slugs I would sell. What pellets or slugs are you finding that shoots in your Edgun? Please let me know