Ed Gun Leshiy 2

I don't like to mess around, and have learned that in general if you want the best you have to pay extra. However, from time to time paying more has a diminishing or even negative returns. 

No, clearly from the huge number of entertainining videos on youtube, the Ed Gun Leshiy is a great gun for shooting squirrels at a baited station, from the comfort of a sheltered porch. I mean it rocks, and it makes my mouth water for one.

But then I start to think, hey, wait a minute, what about other use cases?

So, what about other use cases? Is it a versatile gun? What barrel length is the best for a multi-purpose gun (say shooting squirrels outside of their version of a fast food free Tuesdays :), target shooting, plinking, hunting in the woods, long range if possible?)

For accuracy, I am thinking longer barrel better. But I am not sure if you can even get the gun with a long barrel. Looks like you have to get it with a short barrel and then buy an extra barrel.

I should say I am also considering a daystate.

I have two Leshiy 2, and a Wildcat and I like all of them. I do think the Wildcat is a great versatile gun. I think it can do anything pretty well. The Leshiy’s well they are just a blast to shoot. I have not tried any long range shooting with the Leshiy’s, but I do thing if you wanted very long range you would want to get the longer barrel. For me that kind defeats the purpose of the Leshiy (small, light weight, portable), and seems like there would be better options. The reason that I have two Leshiy’s is that I have one set up with open/iron sights with the 250 mm barrel. I can shoot 1.5 inch groups at 30 yards with the open sights, but I don’t use it for shooting groups. I like to set up 8 targets like empty shotgun shells and see how fast I can pick them off, and I do some pesting within 30 yards with it. 

Reactions: bd2021
longer barrels do not necessarily increase accuracy. a longer barrel may be more efficient (require less air to achieve a desired velocity) and if you are pushing heavier projectiles, you might need a longer barrel (more push time) to achieve your desired velocity.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/04/is-airgun-barrel-length-important/

i chose the 350mm because it was still compact enough for me, but also may be more efficient if i want to shoot slugs at some point.

edgun sells 450mm and 600mm barrels as well, and it just take a couple minutes to swap them out.

as for versatile, i cut down a carbon fiber hand guard and installed a huma mod 40 so i could switch from a short "forest gun" configuration to a quieter stationary platform.

carslingCapture.1647215185.JPG
tripodcartoonCapture.1647215185.JPG

I don't like to mess around, and have learned that in general if you want the best you have to pay extra. However, from time to time paying more has a diminishing or even negative returns. 

No, clearly from the huge number of entertainining videos on youtube, the Ed Gun Leshiy is a great gun for shooting squirrels at a baited station, from the comfort of a sheltered porch. I mean it rocks, and it makes my mouth water for one.

But then I start to think, hey, wait a minute, what about other use cases?

So, what about other use cases? Is it a versatile gun? What barrel length is the best for a multi-purpose gun (say shooting squirrels outside of their version of a fast food free Tuesdays :), target shooting, plinking, hunting in the woods, long range if possible?)

@bd2021 Don’t think it’s just a squirrel gun because a YouTuber thinks it’s cute to drill squirrels up close with a .30. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/edgun-leshiy-2-fox-hunting-2/

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/coyote-hunting-with-airguns/

longer barrels do not necessarily increase accuracy. a longer barrel may be more efficient (require less air to achieve a desired velocity) and if you are pushing heavier projectiles, you might need a longer barrel (more push time) to achieve your desired velocity.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005/04/is-airgun-barrel-length-important/

i chose the 350mm because it was still compact enough for me, but also may be more efficient if i want to shoot slugs at some point.

edgun sells 450mm and 600mm barrels as well, and it just take a couple minutes to swap them out.

as for versatile, i put cut down a carbon fiber hand guard and installed a huma mod 40 so i could switch from a short "forest gun" configuration to a quieter stationary platform.

carslingCapture.1647215185.JPG
tripodcartoonCapture.1647215185.JPG

He’s right.

Barrel length does not directly correlate to accuracy. Unless, the barrel starts from your airgun and ends directly in front of your target.

I went with 350mm for a middle ground. Plenty of power, yet still short and handy in size. I carry it in a single point sling and let it hang under my arm while I walk and stalk. It's ready to pull up to aim and short enough to be reasonably out of the way walking around. It's a nice off hand shooting 50 yd setup. My targets here are chipmunks mostly so quick acquisition is key.

It's great that you can easily swap barrels.