• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events EBR Thursday & Friday quick commentary

Howdy all

Well I made it 2 days helping out at EBR. I live in Phoenix but I don’t often spend all day outside on a hot day now that I am retired and I felt it, after 2 days I’m crispy.

Thursday was hot and the winds were the usual October swirling winds. The desert heating up, the surrounding mountains and the berms around the range tend to make the wind dance. Friday it heated up which whipped up the winds even more. The first group of 50 yd shooters had the worst winds with some considering it a comedic event, while other found it more frustrating. As the day went on the winds settled down but the temps went up. By the time the first group of 75 yd shooters drew aim the winds were navigational and scoring seemed to improve. AoA and Daystate along with a slew of other vendors laid out quite the smorgasbord of airguns and airgun related accessories for the raffle. Ride a Bucking Bull the longest win a $1,700.00 Tag Watch.

I was just one of many volunteers helping, I would urge everyone to volunteer to help your club or at a nearby event. Many of the volunteers also shot in matches so volunteering to help doesn’t mean you can’t shoot too.

Rio Airflow Characteristics | phoenixairgunclub

What a joy today was. Bench 1 relay 1….1st time shooting a springer….OK, not the first time, I have had it for about 1 month and changed from 50 yard PCP to springer….Talk about having to laugh at yourself…..aim at a target with a “good” wind hold and hit 2 targets over and 1 row higher….I really dont remember laughing so much while shooting…..Then your next card you think you are shooting better then hear “5 minutes to go”. Well 💩 I still have 15 targets to go….cocking that rifle, loading, aiming and shooting 15 times in 5 minutes was hard. Just pick a hold off and use it for the remaining targets….Yeah I didn’t take as much time each shot on the next card……No idea when we find out how we did, but I can’t remember ever shooting and shaking my head so much

Tony P

I was just one of many volunteers helping, I would urge everyone to volunteer to help your club or at a nearby event. Many of the volunteers also shot in matches so volunteering to help doesn’t mean you can’t shoot too.

Rio Airflow Characteristics | phoenixairgunclub
Nice writeup. I cannot agree more about helping out. Its about taking ownership in a club, giving back and helping build it.

Its why I'm excited to drive an hour to my closest club and help setup today for tomorrows field target match. They helped me get started and were so welcoming. Its my way of repaying that.

What a joy today was. Bench 1 relay 1….1st time shooting a springer….OK, not the first time, I have had it for about 1 month and changed from 50 yard PCP to springer….Talk about having to laugh at yourself…..aim at a target with a “good” wind hold and hit 2 targets over and 1 row higher….I really dont remember laughing so much while shooting…..Then your next card you think you are shooting better then hear “5 minutes to go”. Well 💩 I still have 15 targets to go….cocking that rifle, loading, aiming and shooting 15 times in 5 minutes was hard. Just pick a hold off and use it for the remaining targets….Yeah I didn’t take as much time each shot on the next card……No idea when we find out how we did, but I can’t remember ever shooting and shaking my head so much

Tony P
Hope otherwise you had a good time. Looks like the winds are already over 15 mph at 6:30 am

Tony P
Tony I was working as the Line Safety Officer on your end. Watching the flags was unbelievable. Nick

Tony P
Tony, it's your "Karma payback" for razzing me missing 100 yard shots with Revoman a couple months ago! 🤪 Wish I were there. Glad you're having a good time. Looking forward to seeing results.

Reactions: Revoman
^ Well I got “EdGun Matador Long” but the rest is Greek to me????.

Nice write up @oledawg and @pesty3782 . Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Google translate,
hello everyone I am new I am looking for exactly the number of steps of the scratches in the barrel of the edgun matador long thanks in advance

Not sure what "scratches" mean, but I am familiar with the gun, lines?

Well karma got me Gerry…Didn’t make the finals in Sportsman, but Barb made the finals in Pro for 100 yard tomorrow….I did beat Matthew (Son) only by 2 points…Damn if he ever takes this up Gerry I think the entire Team Center Cut might be in trouble…🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Winds during my relay and Matt’s were 17 mph with gusts of 29…Funny part is I had a better card today than yesterday at 75 yards. 😱

Tony P.

Conditions weren’t too bad both days. Team Centercut had 7 shooting Pro Class in the 100Y qualifiers at 75Y, and 5 of us made the finals. Mike @Centercut, Derrick @zx10wall, Peykan @CactusPilot, Barbara @5Power, and Caleb @okieairgunner. We also have Auggie @Bigragu staying at the Team House and he qualified for the finals in Sportsman Class.

Last edited:
Well karma got me Gerry…Didn’t make the finals in Sportsman, but Barb made the finals in Pro for 100 yard tomorrow….I did beat Matthew (Son) only by 2 points…Damn if he ever takes this up Gerry I think the entire Team Center Cut might be in trouble…🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Winds during my relay and Matt’s were 17 mph with gusts of 29…Funny part is I had a better card today than yesterday at 75 yards. 😱

Tony P.
I remember Bricker & me saying that same thing about Barb after that 1st comp (LD's). It runs in your family Tony!