• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

EBR targets, and front rest.

That depends on a number of things...

I did not see all that many joy stick type rests at last years event. That does not mean that it may not be the best for you and your shooting technique.

How are you going to get it to the event? Large rests are hard to transport. If you have to travel a great distance, SEB mini or mini X might be your best bet for travel to and from events. Smaller and reliable.

Quite a few shooters used a bipod for the event. Many of the top finishers shot using a bipod. They are easier to transport than a heavy front rest. Bipod and a movable rear bag are faster for some people for getting on target to take advantage of variable wind conditions. Are you comfortable shooting from a bipod? Some use a rear monopod with the front bipod. Bipods are not for everyone. You will have to try to determine. Not all bipods are created equal either. I would stay with the higher end bipods.

I use an old Sinclair front rest because that is what I have used for quite a while and feel comfortable with that set up with a rear bag. I live local so easy to transport for me. I have been playing with a bipod though and can see why their use is growing.

The best advice I can offer is shoot what you feel comfortable shooting. Play with multiple different set ups well in advance. Select the one you feel most comfortable with and practice-practice-practice but keep transportation in mind too!

Thx

Dan

Hadn't thought much about transport. It will most likely go into a toy hauler behind a 1-ton pickup. Then come up with a little wagon or baby stroller to go from there. I may be better off to go spectate for the first time. I love shooting, and collecting, but have never entered a competition. Just looking at what it would take to get into this and play on a level playing field, and not feel under equipped. I know time behind the trigger is the biggest factor, but I'm trying to figure out exactly what set up I want to start committing time to.

I put on a monthly air rifle match. Usually have about 25 shooters. 90% use a bipod. 
23ae0df1-6a31-4ba9-aaf9-3d01ffb78bb5.jpg._CB268695025_.jpg