• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

EBR Target Challenge

Thank Mike, I ordered some card stock and will print more this week.

Spent a couple of hours reading reviews on the 'best cardstock printers.' There is a ton of information as you can imagine, but this link is pretty good. Does a decent job reviewing their top 10 pros/cons. Coincidentally, the AOI ( all in one - print, fax, scan and copy ) also make some good cardstock printers. Not many or any I could find that support more than 68 lb card stock, but I know/think you can print 110 lb on some of these also, they just don't advertise it. Looks like Cannon, HP and Epson are at the top of the heap for good quality ink jet printers.

https://themicro3d.com/best-printer-cardstock/

Going to try and get back out shooting EBR targets this Friday. Rain Monday thru Thursday in NC this week. Ugh!

1592356268_19651563915ee96dac1d83d0.37861696.jpg
1592356269_18530700025ee96dad688f62.47016475.jpg

Tried a couple different things here...1st target, i shot new sighters as the wind changed, either direction or speed and shot a 213 1X.....Then i decided to shoot one sighter for wind holdover and then base all subsequent shots based on flags (string in my case) and previous POI. That produced a 215 4X. Charlie Frear Power Tuned .25 cricket shooting JSB 33.95 gr MK1. thanks for looking.

Went to local range yesterday. 

Shot four EBR cards, but none were great. The "212" card was positioned ( in my mind) for a possible 220 card, but my #1 and especially the #4 targets let me down. The #2 and #3 targets were solid, but consistency is my nemesis. Shooting RW .25 Safari and tried FX Hybrid 25 grain slugs, the JSB 25g and the MK2's. I have just rec'd my shipment from Nick at NSA, and bought slugs that range from 25g to 33g and everything in between. While I am marginally getting better at reading wind, I still can't explain the occasional flyer ( either a miss or a 7), especially when the rest are not too bad. As an example, I think I have a good hold and adjusted for win and put two in the 9 or rarely the '10' ring; and think the wind is the same, and bam.....here comes the flyer or miss! Pretty sure this happens to all of us, and I don't size or sort so there is that too. I do lube pellets and slugs if needed. 

1592506783_9126421145eebb99f677717.65885771.jpg

Just bought this on Amazon, but I'm going to look into a Metal Fabrication Supply Co to see if they can custom make me some 1 by 2 solid metal 5' foot sections for the target poles. The 'prongs' are used to anchor the stand for uneven terrain, all in the hopes of trying to stabilize for wind and wobble. We'll see!

1592507399_18108867045eebbc076acfe9.78591491.jpg

Ok here it is, I said I would... not proud of it but..., wind was light but switching maybe 1-4mph? Here’s the kicker, I could not keep the 16.1’s stable to 100yds, so went Right to The 13.4 RD’s?, And as you can tell you miss a condition “your toast!” also No card stock so reg. Paper. One more note: some of #5 went to #4 and so on... “missed switch! And couldn’t tell where they went? NO EXCUSES😉 “ please believe me when I say it’s the shooter not the gun! as if you thought any different “
1592669238_13664781235eee3436692e47.42833629.jpeg

I went out the other day and the wind was 6-12 MPH and constantly switching and swirling. I went through two tins of RDM’s and my targets looked like I used a 12 gauge on them. I was so upset I could have bent my rifle over my knee or tossed it in a lake. I would aim at one target and the POI was two targets over. I would try to compensate my hold and then the wind would switch and blow it off the target. I’m using 4 wind flags and a Kestral basic meter. This sure is difficult to do. 

My gun is capable of shooting great in little to no wind but reading wind is giving me fits. Is shooting in a 12 MPH wind unrealistic or is it me? Any suggestions before I commit harri karri?