• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

EBR Target Challenge

Well Peeps... it's that time again... EBR practice targets. We shot some good cards then it started storming so we went for pizza. When we got back, it was pretty still so we shot some more. These are my best 75 and 100 but the others were close and @bluebaby was right there too.
View attachment 279677
I had a good run at 100 on bulls 1, 2 , and 3 but ran out of pellets and opened a new tin FROM THE SAME SLEEVE for the last 7 shots. What a difference...:mad:
These were a new batch of 22 MRD's @ 965 and pretty nice conditions.
Bob
Those RDMs will break your heart when you least expect it. At least the “bad” ones hit the target. I’ve had quite a few that wouldn’t have even hit the 4 ring!

I shot a couple yesterday too.
Here was my best, 90 yards.
Bottom right was the practice target. Had a flyer in that one.
0 to 3/4 mil hold off for the wind, coming from the left the whole time.
Unsorted .22 MRDs, but lubed. Veteran Long.

EDIT: Thought I better clarify that I shot a total of 10 "cards" all at 90 yards. The next best after this one that I shared was a 229 but the majority were 215-225. The 232 shared was the only card shot with that batch of pellets, and the way it shot, I think higher scores are possible from it. Home range advantage on all the shooting.

PXL_20220731_231018467.jpg

Last edited:
Well guys.......

I went out today to the 100 yard Sight-in range, and decided to "dust off" my Virtual EBR targets from Mike's ( CC ) 2020 Virtual EBR Challenge.

Safari .22 HP with Zero DB moderator shooting both JSB RD's 25g and JSB KO's 25g. Shot "2" EBR targets. Wind was 3-5 mph, and had only the near flag deployed. Left my 2nd flag home by mistake, and "a mistake it was I think..."

First bit of order was to chrony the gun, which I had not done until Bobby C sent it back to me, long time ago. I did chrono a few times after that, but not many. Could not ask for a better ES. Candidly, with the half dozen times or so I did chrono the gun after Bobby tuned and shot it, I have had an average 970 FPS with the MRDs. Right where it should be.

After the chrono run below, I cleaned the barrel since I thought it might be dirty. I probably had 150 rounds in it between the last time out and today, when I decided to clean. Three real dirty patches with lead sediments, then clean after a couple more.

Redwolf

Shot count: 10
Low: 972
Hi: 977
Avg: 973
Spread: 5
STD Dev: 1.7

Shot a 218 ( MRDs ) and a 206 ( KO's). I have been working hard on my shooting technique, so I am somewhat confident I was consistent. However, as you will see, I did get flyers with the MRDs and the KO's. Some of the bulls, were really solid, but some were awful with a few misses and a bunch of 7's. Honestly, I have no worldly idea how far off some of the pellets flew. May have been wind that got me, but without the far flag out there, who knows? When I shoot the Safari at 50 yards ( N50 targets and groups ) it performs very well. Meaning - I actually DO get average 1/2" and sometimes better groups at 50 yards, light wind. Have shot a few 240-246 range N50 cards, so I think the gun is shooting pretty solid.

100 yard scoring practice; is a whole new ball game and I have to believe the wind and "my wind reading skill," or occasional bad pellet might be getting me at times. I don't sort or size, and I know this helps many. If I was a competitive BR shooter I would try it, especially with the MRDs. It's a big hassle for just practice only, and it's just me shooting against myself. So, this may be hurting me by not sorting, but I have to accept the above regardless.

Hats off to all of you folks who shoot these 225-240 scores, which I truly know is amazing shooting.

IMG_6597.jpg
IMG_6597.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ThomasT