• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

EBR Target Challenge

Thanks Mike. I was lucky and got a good batch of pellets I guess. In my old post that I quoted those were the sorted ones. 

Mike, I ran out of the sorted pellets the last time we saw each other recently. These were all unsorted pellets today. Well I did get that one flyer??? I put the pellets in that tupperware because I dump a third of a tin in there, then put in some WD-40, then tumble them around a little to distribute the lube.

So where DID that flyer come from? That one 7 could be the difference between first and 5th place. Up until a week ago I never sorted either. And I thought I had good tins of pellets. But it’s kinda silly to think that in every tin of even “good” pellets that they will all be perfect. That’s pretty much a statistical impossibility. Maybe they generally are all close to perfect in a “good” batch but the chance of there being a few not up to “good” standards is greater than zero. All it took was that one “3” on my card (and the difference between 2nd and 8th) for no reason to convince me to at least look them over and check them. In a tin of 350 pellets, I would be shocked if they were all perfect. I was a non sorting believer. Now I’m skeptical….

Yeah that's what I meant, that I had that one flyer which could have been a really screwed up pellet, but who knows. 

Let me know if you get any bad flyers with the pellets you sort when you practice for RMAC because I'd like to know. 

Damn Steve, that is the most bad ass air gun ever! We saw you shoot it…Awesome! We’ve seen pictures…Phenomenal. It’s just a piece of useable art! 

Great work Mike. That is the most beautiful air gun I’ve ever seen, PERIOD!

Stoti

Thanks for the compliments Stoti!

Tuff to swallow the cost at first but after it was all said and done I'm glad I sold the stuff I did to make this dream possible!

I owe Steve Corcoran of Woods and Water Outdoors credit for making such a nice looking and ergonomic stock as well!

Thanks Carbon.

I practiced this afternoon for a change, usually I shoot in the morning. I know the scores are not as good as before but I'm more happy with these than I usually am, more so the 234. The 1st card, a 227, was normal wind conditions but switching wind which became difficult to shoot in. For the 2nd card the wind kicked up a lot! I almost decided to stop because it seemed like a rain storm was rolling in 3/4 the way through the card!!!!! I hung in there though. On that one sighter that hit in no mans land I was aiming clear over on the right edge of the card! This is the best I've done in poor conditions by far, normally I'd be around 220 in the same conditions. My last two shots were 10's as well!

I don't have a 30 cal plug so I used a 35 cal plug.

20210813_162919.1628898752.jpg

Looking good Steve!

I decided to shoot my .25 Impact with NSA 43.5 at 900 FPS prone position at 94 yards front bipod rear unsupported (hand only no bag or mono pod). NRL-22 Slug practice for RMAC. Fairly windy 10 mph mostly from the 10:30. Was holding off 1/2 to 1 MOA.

Huge difference between the heavy Slugs and Pellets. Lower left target I took an extra shot that I highlighted. I couldn’t tell if the holes above were two or three. Four of the five targets were MOA or better C2C. Unfortunately I haven’t practiced shooting off ladder rungs, barricades, or tank traps. ;( So not much chance of doing well at the two NRL-22 events at RMAC.

50ECBC6F-2688-44D7-BD1C-E8FC7B10286B.1628905544.jpeg

Nice work Steve, Yeah the morning has good constant air dynamics. But all good training bro, you really start to look at the environment tell tells...No real droppers their mate. Show's the push it has on a heaver and better BC projectile... So the little 8.4 grain pellet has a real tough job...Or I do more to the point! Lol Too much thumb squeeze or trigger finger can send you off to the sides too, Obversely not in your case on your super rest! Very nice it is too, Like a bit of machining me! Lol 

Keep on keeping on! 

Stig

These cards are damn good guys. 

Looks like you figured out your wind holds on the ‘234 and 237’ cards. I have tried shooting from the bench with bipod and rear unsupported and forget it! My reticle moves too much, so I know my non trigger hand and technique is poor. I’m spoiled with my rear bag. I’m sure there is a technique to help this issue. Maybe this is easier shooting prone. But, it is something I am going to try and improve on here. Tony, may reach out to you about this Academy teaching technique stuff. 

Good luck at RMAC and maybe you’ll get some good 10:30 wind conditions!

Tom 

Steve - Spectacular! 

Boy, this is going to be fun to watch this year. I’ll be watching and rooting safely ‘from out of the arena’ and here in NC!

RMAC and EBR might see some higher scores possibly, if you bring this to the match. You guys both are nailing some sweet scores.

I shot my best ever 100 yard EBR card (239) last week, but with slugs (KO’s). Can’t get anywhere close yet with the MRDs and my Safari .22. Best card prior to that was a 222.

Fun to watch this “caliber” of shooting. Nice Stock on the HPX too. 

Tom 

Thanks Tom, I do love ole SURELY though she's a bit noisy.

Now if I can only SEE where my holes end up in the target, because recently I had a major problem with mirage, smoke, dust, and on top of that my poor eyes NOT SEEING about 1/4 of those holes one afternoon at about 3:00! I shot a dismal 186 partly because I didn't shoot two of the bulls. If I can't make those holes out I don't know where to correct to. That was frustrating! Heck it took me almost 5 minutes to find my sighters. Thought something was broke at first.

Next of course is figuring out the wind, this was a very low wind day today so not the typical conditions. I'm usually in the mid 220's but will keep on practicing.

Congrats on your 239, still great even with slugs!!!

Here is the EBR card with KO's. I wish I could shoot the MRDs as good as this, but not going to happen. Like a lot of us, I get the unexpected flier(s) and can't always explain why. Sometimes it is me, sometimes it is the wind; but other times I can't explain why especially when I think I should be near the 10 or X ring. I shoot the MRDs at 100 yards in the high teens and low 220's. Never shot higher than 222 with any pellets at 100 yards ( 97 yards in this case).

I do know that the KO's do shoot very well also at 50 yards for the NRL22 cards I have been shooting too. Have shot about six of those cards in the low/mid and even high 240's. I haven't sized, weighed and sorted but I may start that over the winter when I am bored. I shoot straight from the tin and lube lightly, but I am also starting to believe I need to look at the pellets much closer.

IMG_3401.1628957384.jpg

Last 100 yard practice before RMAC, last card shot at 101 yards, very light left to right breeze. .22 Daystate Red Wolf HP (Bleu) RD Monsters at 970 FPS. Shot a 233-5x. Competition style not group style.

DBD65676-4765-4793-AEA5-0B4607D3A193.1629671824.jpeg

Wind picked up a little as I was helping Tony pack up so after he left I decided to test accuracy on my .25 FX Impact X NSA 43.5 grain at 900 FPS, 101 yards shot competition style. 230-5x. Who said slugs weren’t accurate? ;)

6C1935FC-323B-4F8B-93B0-08BDAF185A95.1629671979.jpeg

Yeah I had my best card ever 225 with 6 X’s and then Mike counted up his 233 card….I kicked some dirt and bowed my head to the master…..shooting a 30 cal impact at 895 FPS…..next card in the wind was a 204 and next card in the wind was a 215….slowly I am socking up the knowledge from Mike….😎

Good thing the wife wasn’t there she would have kicked my ass like every other time we shoot at 100 yards.

Tony P