• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

EBR Target Challenge

Very good shooting. I see 3X on there. So 228-3x. If you want to best simulate what its like to shoot EBR or RMAC, shoot it one shot at each target, then go back and do it again four more times, instead of shooting all five in one target then going to the next. Your gun looks damn accurate to me and the shooter ain’t bad either... ;) Was that with .25 NSA slugs, 38.5 grain?

Ok, a little late to the party but Centercut threw out the friendly challenge as I finally start to get this Impact2 shooting half way decent with slugs. 
This is my second try as the first was a disaster and I’d say 100% my fault. 
Concentrated on breathing and trigger technique and results are much better. 
1EC773FA-356D-4FDD-BC17-C62E755C9CB6.1619010301.jpeg

Hey Drums

For your 2nd try, this is some pretty nice shooting. I have probably shot 150-200 EBR 100 yard practice targets and my best to date is 222. You should be feeling really good with your Impact and these NSA slugs. Keep listening to Mike N and Mike C! They’ll keep you centered.

How was the wind during your session?

Tom 

Yes that’s with shooting .25 NSA 38.5 grainers. Superior-Heavy, 995 FPS. 
Thanks also for the tips. I’ve never competed before. I just sit out here on the farm and shoot targets and such with the occasional pest taken. 
So, an interesting new challenge. 
unfortunately, there aren’t many if any benchrest competitions out here in NC. 
But, if there are, I stand corrected. I’ve been to one Field Target shoot but rules state 20 ft/lbs or less. 
Thanks for the opportunity to get in a little taste of the real deal. 

Thanks Tom, you should have seen my first try. I was getting good sighters, and I was not even getting on target with some. I was crushed. 😆

Mike (Centercut), has been a big help with me getting this gun tuned in. Others have helped a lot too. I wanted to quit many times over the last year and I have written in a few expletives in the margins of my notebook, but I learned that I really wasn’t tuning correctly. Once adjusted, things just feel into place. Then it was up to me to settle down and concentrate on trigger technique. 
Its a challenge but very fun. And I was needing a new challenge. So thanks guys. 

Edit: Winds were calm that day, maybe 2 mph, left to right. 

Ok, a little late to the party but Centercut threw out the friendly challenge as I finally start to get this Impact2 shooting half way decent with slugs. 

Hey Drums

For your 2nd try, this is some pretty nice shooting. I have probably shot 150-200 EBR 100 yard practice targets and my best to date is 222. You should be feeling really good with your Impact and these NSA slugs. Keep listening to Mike N and Mike C! They’ll keep you centered.

Tom

Good shooting Drums!

I know how you feel Tom because I've shot about 50 EBR cards and my highest was a 229??!! It didn't help that the $2000-$2800 rifles I used the most weren't up to the task. Within 4 cards using a borrowed Thomas HPX I had outshot my highest cards with the other rifles. But using pellets at 100Y is kind of a crap shoot anyway. 

Later this summer I'll get my slug barrel for SURELY, with which I expect some higher scores at 100Y.

Hey Drums

Tom

Good shooting Drums!

I know how you feel Tom because I've shot about 50 EBR cards and my highest was a 229??!! It didn't help that the $2000-$2800 rifles I used the most weren't up to the task. Within 4 cards using a borrowed Thomas HPX I had outshot my highest cards with the other rifles. But using pellets at 100Y is kind of a crap shoot anyway. 

Later this summer I'll get my slug barrel for SURELY, with which I expect some higher scores

Yeah, I know those Thomas rifles are sweet. I have been following along on your pursuits Steve. 

The moon, wind, and stars all have to be aligned when shooting pellets ( Strictly MRDs in my case) at 100 yards. I consistently score a bit higher with slugs ( no surprise) at 100 yards. Wind reading still a work in progress for me and most others I suspect. Flags help!

Pretty sure your scores will reflect a bit more accuracy when you start shooting slugs with your liners. Good luck Steve!

Thanks Tom, you should have seen my first try. I was getting good sighters, and I was not even getting on target with some. I was crushed.
1f606.svg

Mike (Centercut), has been a big help with me getting this gun tuned in. Others have helped a lot too. I wanted to quit many times over the last year and I have written in a few expletives in the margins of my notebook, but I learned that I really wasn’t tuning correctly. Once adjusted, things just feel into place. Then it was up to me to settle down and concentrate on trigger technique. 
Its a challenge but very fun. And I was needing a new challenge. So thanks guys. 

Edit: Winds were calm that day, maybe 2 mph, left to right.

A couple of ideas, since you are on the farm...

Alternate target distances between 50, 75 and 100 yards for a change of pace. You will find it different, but also rewarding. A lot of learnings to be had with how your gun/ammo perform at various distances. Take notes. As an example, I recently joined up for a one year NAT 50 BR league and I am having a blast comparing my two RFs with two high end air guns at 50 yards. PM me if you want to discuss.

Buy/make some wind flags and deploy them when you want to enhance your wind reading skills. Lots of good information, resources and people on the AGN forum to help. I was late to the table buying flags, but find I like the new challenge when shooting. 

Well not as good this try at 6:45 this frosty 37 degree morning. I shot each target once in turn until each had five shots. I got some real good results then some really not so good results. 
I’ve been having some issues w the regulator and a Huma extra high pressure reg is en route. I’m sitting very close to the upper limit so it might be getting a bit wiggy at the top. 

I’m also thinking about the liner carbon fiber sleeve on my Impact. Is anyone using this and if so are you seeing more consistent results? 

I’ll go with the regulator first. And I won’t post anymore until I break at least 230 so might be a while before I’m back😬

9CD4DCB2-0193-4B39-934D-447B6C2E359C.1619188028.jpeg

I love the name you gave your gun, “ Black Betty.” Also, Mike’s lyrics to an old song that played on the radio in the 80’s I guess.

Hope the new mods get you dialed in. Be careful Drums, Team Centercut has the Spring draft coming up and if you keep shooting 220’s and bust into 230, you could be drafted to join the team.

Just teasing of course, couldn’t resist.

Tom 

Seems I’m having some issues w the slug Impact. At the risk of turning this into an off topic event I’ll keep it short. 
F7920EFA-0D73-415A-BC98-7FCB828ECFFE.1619276669.jpeg
F90D3697-CD5E-4EB0-A782-37253D56B7BC.1619276670.jpeg
No wind this morning. First target is great w 38.5 NSA’s. Then after that shots are dropping and just all over. I stoped right there with only two shots on first four targets. Other 3 looked like 4. Re-sighted w two clicks up and target 5 was a perfect X. Something keeps drifting. 

For grins I get out my Impact 1 w 600 mm Pellet A liner shooting JSB MK1’s at 885. Nice consistent target right out of the chute. 46 points. Shot two other similar targets w pellets.

Going to have to reassess the situation. Pellets should not outshoot slugs at 100....IMHO

If anyone has input just IM me. Again I don’t want to turn this topic into a trouble shooting page. Only posted as point of interest. Apologies Mike.