• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EBR rifle cost

Lotsa FX Impact M3s and Daystate Red Wolfs, most of them tricked out with everything possible. That Thomas HPX that did so well is in the $4000+ range, and that's just for the gun, still need a scope.

I won 3rd in Sportsman class of Extreme Field Target with a $1400 Taipan Veteran and a Athlon Midas Tac that I bought used for $300, so I was under $2000. I didn't compete in the benchrest or speed portions but would have had my a$$ handed to me if I tried with the same rig.

Last edited:
Lotsa FX Impact M3s and Daystate Red Wolfs, most of them tricked out with everything possible. That Thomas HPX that did so well is in the $4000+ range, and that's just for the gun, still need a scope.

I won 3rd in Sportsman class of Extreme Field Target with a $1400 Taipan Veteran and a Athlon Midas Tac that I bought used for $300, so I was under $2000. I didn't compete in the benchrest portions but would have had my a$$ handed to me if I tried with the same rig.
Cole, agree. My rig was about $3500 if you count the new .25 Red Wolf HP ($2550) and the Vortex Golden Eagle 15-60x scope I bought used a few years ago ($950).

Saying that Nicolay shot an "FX Crown" is like saying Dale Earnhardt Jr drove a "Chevy" at Daytona. While both are true statements, they are far from reality... Highly modified only begins to describe it. No clue on cost, maybe $4K for the gun and $3K for the Khales scope, so about $7K+?

Most of the Daystate Red Wolves that competed were very close to stock, so a price similar to mine depending on scope... These guns are capable of winning also, but both Jeffrey and Nicoly did so well because of their wind reading ability, not because their guns were any more accurate than other top finishers...

And yes, I don't know the exact price of the Thomas HP-X - but $4K+ makes sense. And I've never seen a scope costing less than $3K on an Thomas HP-X, so lets SWAG about $7K+ for the winning rig?

Last edited:
Cole, agree. My rig was about $3500 if you count the new .25 Red Wolf HP ($2550) and the Vortex Golden Eagle 15-60x scope I bought used a few years ago ($950).
Saying that Nicolay shot an "FX Crown" is like saying Dale Earnhardt Jr drove a "Chevy" at Daytona. While both are true statements, they are far from reality... Highly modified only begins to describe it.
Most of the Daystate Red Wolves that competed were very close to stock...
What mods does he have on the Crown? Curious. Non factory barrel?

He's done a series of videos about the gun over the past year... Barrels, tensioners, experimental this and that just scratch the surface. Its not "off the shelf" :sneaky:
But what gun is "off the shelf" at the EBR?
Let's face it, all the guns have been highly tuned and modified for this event.

I would venture a guess at about $3000 or so probably as an average. LOTS of Red Wolfs, Delta Wolfs, Impacts, Evol's RAW's, Thomas's..... Everyone of them has good glass on it too. I shot a 15 year old RAW 25 cal I paid 1200 for used about 4 years ago and put a Vortex Strike Eagle on it 575 so I was on the lower end at about 1800 and I was lucky enough to finish 3rd in Sportsman at 100. TREMENDOUS amount of fun! Don't let the cost discourage you from entering and trying. It is unlikely that you could buy a Marauder and compete with the top scores but any rifle that you are capable of holding an inch at 100 in calm conditions puts you in the running, Just need to practice and know your rifle and ammo and be able to compensate for the wind better than the persons next to you! Enter next year and you will have the time of time of your life and meet some of the best people from around the world!!!! The sponsor tables were awesome and Robert's wife always takes excellent care of the attendees in the Daystate Lounge!

MEC17670, my RAW is bone stock, just played with different pellets and hammer spring to see what pellet at what speed worked best for my barrel!!!! Honest!! Last year was my 1st year and I missed the finals by 2 points. I shot a 443 and if I shot a 445 I would have been in the finals. This year I had better luck! I qualified 4th out of 10 who made the finals. I shot a 229 and a 228 at 75 to get in the show and shot a 202 at 100. Barb from Team Centercut shot a 203 and Jason Haycock shot a 208. if Barb or I could have shot 2 shots better in that wind we could have snuck into 1st place. THAT's the FUN of it all!
Thx
Dan

Last edited:
But what gun is "off the shelf" at the EBR?
Let's face it, all the guns have been highly tuned and modified for this event.
I'll have to disagree with you on that.... For Team Centercut: The .25 Red Wolf HP that Barb P shot to come in 2nd in Sportsman is bone stock. Gabe V shot a bone stock .30 Cricket TAC. My .25 Red Wolf HP that I used to finish 3rd in Pro Division is bone stock with the exception of a PRS rail to mount my bipod on and a 2.5# brass weight added under the stock.

WIND READING is the most important part of doing well with pellets at 100 yards. Every gun in the finals was accurate enough to win...

I won Sportsman in 2019 with a bone stock .30 FX Bobcat Mk2 I bought used and it came with the scope and rings, plus a nice soft case $1200.

Last edited:
Only mod on my crown was the folding stock…bone stock otherwise. Reading the wind is key!!!

Tony P
Exactly!
Every hobby I have ever been involved in had people that would spend buckets full of money for what they read was the best and than more buckets of cash for the must have add ons only to find out they did not have a clue how to use their expensive items.

Develop your skills, then upgrade when you have exceeded the capabilities of what you have.
Most of us will never get to that point.

Reactions: douger and Vhunter
Exactly!
Every hobby I have ever been involved in had people that would spend buckets full of money for what they read was the best and than more buckets of cash for the must have add ons only to find out they did not have a clue how to use their expensive items.

Develop your skills, then upgrade when you have exceeded the capabilities of what you have.
Most of us will never get to that point.
This for sure!

Reactions: boscoebrea
OK guys, you talking about guns and prices, fair enough.
But what about the travel costs?
I was competing in archery for almost two decades maybe a half dozen times every year that involved longer travels. Weekend shots locally (meaning 3-4 hrs driving radius) the cost was usually about $2-300 CAD with accommodation. Fly outs for a weekend + rental cars + accommodation about $1000 CAD.
Several years ago I left archery due to some surgeries on my back, and I started training with airguns.
And we got a "situation" for two years or longer. Earlier this year I wanted to check how can I - from Canada/Toronto - join your game here or there...
I would stuck inside the airports for half a day because the stupidity checkups, cannot fly out from Toronto for under $700 CAD just anywhere, at the destination no rental cars...
So my rough estimate was about $2K cost for a single event travelling from Toronto to Phoenix, flying or driving 34 hrs each way.
And btw, I didn't checked lately but some rumours, did USA-Canada finally removed the travel restrictions for un-vaccinated?

Reactions: c_m_shooter