• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

EBR Practice & Flies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had just begun the first 100 yard practice session with my new .22 Red Wolf HP. Shooting in moderate 8 to 12 mph winds with 25gr pellets at 970 ft/sec.
Had shot maybe 20 rounds to sort out the wind and clickers, when a fly landed on the target. Held on the fly and the pellet hit about 2" right, due to the wind. Second shot I held left by the same distance and WHAM, no more fly.
0C895EF6-9E22-48EC-ABE2-1BED489B394B.jpeg

Nope, no squished flies. ☹️
@tommyb, I was shooting my 22 Redwolf aka “Ruby” with MRD’s 965 FPS. I’ll try to get my 100 yd cards posted.
I shot a 225, 228 and 229.
Thanks Sandy. Excellent scoring; did you sort the MRDs? I’m guessing No, since it was practice. I need to get back to using these EBR targets, as I have a stack or cardstock targets printed from 2020 virtual EBR.

Nope, no squished flies. ☹️
@tommyb, I was shooting my 22 Redwolf aka “Ruby” with MRD’s 965 FPS. I’ll try to get my 100 yd cards posted.
I shot a 225, 228 and 229.
Great shooting. You guys must have found some really good tins of MRDs. When you shoot those targets do you shoot all 5 in one target then go to the next, or shoot one in each target then do it 4 more times?

Last edited:
Great shooting. You guys must have found some really good tins of MRDs. When you shoot those targets do you shoot all 5 in one target then go to the next, or shoot one in each target then do it 4 more times?
We shoot 5 at each one

We shoot 5 at each one
Gotcha. That does make it easier, not saying those scores aren’t very good because they are. I’ve been shooting at those targets since I made them, and found that shooting five - 5 shot groups is 3 to 5 points easier than shooting one in each target then doing it again 4 more times. Going around the clock more closely simulates the scoring on a big target like EBR. IMHO.

Gotcha. That does make it easier, not saying those scores aren’t very good because they are. I’ve been shooting at those targets since I made them, and found that shooting five - 5 shot groups is 3 to 5 points easier than shooting one in each target then doing it again 4 more times. Going around the clock more closely simulates the
Sorry, I was at gym and tried to edit and this accidentally got posted. Disregard.

Status
Not open for further replies.