EBR 2017 - Winning rifle?

"Tominco"
"Centercut"That one is easy, FX Impact .25 cal, with Ted Bier shooting...
I'll bet he's in the top 3 at the least. 
I was just taking a peek at the weather. Looks like that might be the windiest day. Maybe we'll see some wind flags blowing over again! That'll make for a fun time. :)
Tom don't settle for 1st OR 2nd place with Ted 3rd ...... Let him have 2nd place behind your Win. :p

Thurmond

All of the top end rifles are capable of winning. So it will be the rifle that is shot by who ever can read the wind best. And then it's still questionable. If you have been to EBR before you know that there are 15 ft berms on each side of the range, berms in some lanes at 50 and 75 yards and the roof the shooting tables are under. Wind can be different from one side of the range to the other. Maybe the winning rifle owner will sacrifice a chicken. Sylvan

"Kitplanenut"All of the top end rifles are capable of winning. So it will be the rifle that is shot by who ever can read the wind best. And then it's still questionable. If you have been to EBR before you know that there are 15 ft berms on each side of the range, berms in some lanes at 50 and 75 yards and the roof the shooting tables are under. Wind can be different from one side of the range to the other. Maybe the winning rifle owner will sacrifice a chicken. Sylvan
Bingo! http://www.phoenixairgun.net/rio-airflow-characteristics

"Percula"Top five spots will have RAW, FX and Thomas in it. I will also predict that top five will have 30cal, 25cal and 22cal in it. Unless we have unusually calm sessions we will not see any perfect 250's scored at 75 or 100. You will need to shoot in the mid 240's to advance to the finals and you will need to shoot in the upper 240's to win the final in either class, guessing the winning score for the pro class will be 248. If it's windy it'll all come down to who gets what bench draw...
Makes sense Percula. While last minute practicing today I was able to do the following at 75 yds. It's hard to score with 12 and 13 shots on each target but together they might break 230 and my skill level is probably near the bottom of the heap. I wouldn't be surprised to see near perfect scores from the guys that know what they're doing, especially with the quality of rifles and pellets available today. I'm hoping the winds make it more challenging. Otherwise it might be a rather boring competition.
7612f8ef34886cff2e88054c72a39e2b.jpg

"beeser"
"Percula"Top five spots will have RAW, FX and Thomas in it. I will also predict that top five will have 30cal, 25cal and 22cal in it. Unless we have unusually calm sessions we will not see any perfect 250's scored at 75 or 100. You will need to shoot in the mid 240's to advance to the finals and you will need to shoot in the upper 240's to win the final in either class, guessing the winning score for the pro class will be 248. If it's windy it'll all come down to who gets what bench draw...
Makes sense Percula. While last minute practicing today I was able to do the following at 75 yds. It's hard to score with 12 and 13 shots on each target but together they might break 230 and my skill level is probably near the bottom of the heap. I wouldn't be surprised to see near perfect scores from the guys that know what they're doing, especially with the quality of rifles and pellets available today. I'm hoping the winds make it more challenging. Otherwise it might be a rather boring competition.
7612f8ef34886cff2e88054c72a39e2b.jpg
Don't worry the Rio Salado small bore range is never boring for an airgunner ;)

Good looking targets too :)

beeser, those are good looking targets. The equipment doesn't necessarily have to be top end to do great. In 2015 shooting the 25m the guy next to me had a skeleton rifle with a scope that cost more then my rifle and a machined mount that the rifle was locked into that looked like it was built by SpaceX and cost more then my pickup. He would dial in his POA then set back and watch his wind flags pushing a remote button when everything was just right. Guy next to him was shooting a Marauder on sandbags and scored higher. Sylvan