• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ebay wont let people in Minnesota buy airguns from them.

I live in Minnesota, you can hold that against me, I do. I tried to buy my first airgun off of ebay years ago and they wont even let me bid on it because they wont let a airgun be shipped to this frozen wasteland. I gave up on ebay and was concerned that my state was New Jersey and I couldn't even order one. There are no state laws against having a airgun shipped here, I would have saved thousands if there were. Today I contacted ebay to find out the reason. After being transferred three times and told how much that they appreciate me (something that my ex-wife never said) and this was the final answer.

"Upon checking the details, I can see that eBay don't allow these product to sell on eBay however some states does. I would request you to contact the seller for this and ask them to change the category of the product, once they will do the changes with the category then you will be able to purchase the item."

I guess to buy a airgun off of ebay I need to have the seller classify it as furniture or a sex toy or whatever, anything except a airgun.

Last edited:
Try buying pellets on Amazon if you live in Massachusetts, let alone airguns! No laws on the books that say you can’t but Amazon has decided they won’t ship…

I know this doesn’t help your cause, but as long as you are carful you can find good used airguns on here, airguns.net and other reputable airgun forums.

-Marty
That's sad coming from a state that has the motto of “By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.”

I believe eBay still lists Michigan as a prohibited state as well. The law changed long ago but of course their system lags behind. However the eBay system doesn’t keep me from bidding. It’s the sellers that sometimes are the limiting factor. They don’t want to ship to Michigan. Once I had to ask someone to look up the law. When they saw it was good to ship here I bought it.

I live in Minnesota, you can hold that against me, I do. I tried to buy my first airgun off of ebay years ago and they wont even let me bid on it because they wont let a airgun be shipped to this frozen wasteland. I gave up on ebay and was concerned that my state was New Jersey and I couldn't even order one. There are no state laws against having a airgun shipped here, I would have saved thousands if there were. Today I contacted ebay to find out the reason. After being transferred three times and told how much that they appreciate me (something that my ex-wife never said) and this was the final answer.

"Upon checking the details, I can see that eBay don't allow these product to sell on eBay however some states does. I would request you to contact the seller for this and ask them to change the category of the product, once they will do the changes with the category then you will be able to purchase the item."

I guess to buy a airgun off of ebay I need to have the seller classify it as furniture or a sex toy or whatever, anything except a airgun.
If you live around Duluth there is a ordinance or something that ebay will not ship to.

If you live around Duluth there is a ordinance or something that ebay will not ship to.
It could be something as simple as one city or County ordnance in a state to shut down the whole state. I think that Duluth is just caught up with the whole MN ban because someone contacted ebay and unlawfully said don't ship here. I say that because Tennessee has dry counties but other counties can still sell spirits and have home shipping.

It could be something as simple as one city or County ordnance in a state to shut down the whole state. I think that Duluth is just caught up with the whole MN ban because someone contacted ebay and unlawfully said don't ship here. I say that because Tennessee has dry counties but other counties can still sell spirits and have home shipping.
You may find this interesting

Good information and thank you. Funny thing is that in Minnesota you can get any Black Powder gun sent to you without going through a FFL dealer but they held the line on airguns from ebay that are much more ineffective in damage. Both will lose in any real fight against anyone using a modern PB but I guess that isn't the point.

Just know that we have a Federal Congressman that asked if the US put too many troops on one side of a Island would it cause the Island to tip over.