• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

eBay scam or honest seller ?

Attempting to purchase my first pcp off eBay. Walther reign .25 cal. Usps say shipping label created but item not received. Seller says it was sent but not scanned or something along those lines. I know ultimately I will either recieve rifle or get my money back. Just wondering if that has happened to anyone else. I know how terrible usps is so for now I’m giving seller the benefit of the doubt. Also I am trying to get my post count up to purchase a better used gun from the classifieds here. Cheers to all

Update .. dude is clearly a piece of poop. All of a sudden the rifle is to be delivered today and he tells me to refuse the package because he sent the wrong gun blah blah blah. I’m gonna go ahead and not do anything like that without a ****ing refund. Probably no gun even in the box.
Did you check reviews on the seller before ordering from him?

Reactions: TripNick
Just read your follow up report. Something definitely strange. Never did I hear of a story that the buyer was told not to accept delivery because the wrong firearm was sent. I guess it does happen....I guess. Sounds like the seller wants to save shipping fees back to him. This will need to get solved too. Sorry to hear all the problems you have to deal with. But this is why Ive given up worrying about receiving an air gun once i get it from Ebay, Gun Broker.....its not worth all the worries with now days covid excuses and just BAD SERVICE....God save America. Make sure you work with Ebay and get this settled.

AGN classified ads are good. But not all sales are 100% perfect. And this is where you will also have to negotiate some settlement with the AGN seller. And yes, there are scammers here too. I think Ebay money back guarantees is the best. All in all it boils down to: all sales final, if there is a return policy, don't miss the window to return item and lastly: Buyer beware.

Update .. dude is clearly a piece of poop. All of a sudden the rifle is to be delivered today and he tells me to refuse the package because he sent the wrong gun blah blah blah. I’m gonna go ahead and not do anything like that without a ****ing refund. Probably no gun even in the box.

Depending on the shipping used you should be able to see the weight of the package coming. Also, definitely do NOT refuse the package. I would be questioning him on how he sent the "wrong" gun if he only had one for sale. I'd think that would be kinda hard to mix up.

AGN classified ads are good. But not all sales are 100% perfect. And this is where you will also have to negotiate some settlement with the AGN seller. And yes, there are scammers here too. I think Ebay money back guarantees is the best. All in all it boils down to: all sales final, if there is a return policy, don't miss the window to return item and lastly: Buyer beware.
I would have to argue about all sales final. I sold a Directv DVR on eBay. It was a working unit but I could not activate it and was told it had to be business account. I listed as working receiver, No Refunds and “do your homework”. I sell it to a guy and low and behold he can’t activate it and wants a refund and eBay gives me the option of paying for a return label or just refunding the money and he keep it. In the end ebay gave him his money he kept the receiver and I did not have to pay it back. Point is No Refund means nothing.