• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Eat what you kill?

My brother lives in a town house community where there are some people that feel the need to feed the birds to be kind, or help them to survive or to enjoy watching them. While I love to watch birds I know feeding them can bring in rats and an infestation of grey squirrels in my neck of the woods. A few years back my brother went out to start up he vehicle and it was a no go. He found out very quickly that the squirrels were nesting under his hood for warmth and had destroyed a $5000 computer module. Soon after he went about thinning out the squirrels with a pellet rifle. I had one friend that had a family of groundhogs living in his large mower/ storage shed that chewed the wires on just about every piece of equipment in there. So there are very good reasons for pesting. Bill

There are pests that need to me exterminated and not eaten. However many shooters kill what they deem as pests for the sheer joy of taking life. These hypocrites claim they are controlling their numbers when in reality they know that isn't true.

At least be honest with your self, you don't have to tell anyone you like to kill small defenseless animals.

Why would you assume ANYONE kills animals for the joy of taking life? Animal populations have to be controlled to think other.wise is preposterous.

I hunt groundhogs because each groundhog caused $200 worth of crop damage and it’s a real challenge hunting them and I enjoy sitting in the fields watching for them. I feel privileged that the farmer allows me to hunt on this property and I am helping control the population. If they are not hunted they are POISONED or trapped and then killed

Prairie dogs are poisoned routinely. 

Pigeons. They poop all over the place. Even a few pigeons make a terrible mess in a barn. Startlings push out all manor of song birds.

Hunting and pesting has nothing to do with the joy of killing . In fact to the contrary in most cases it’s a benefit to the species being hunted.

Stop hunting deer for a year or two and see what happens to the deer themselves and to what happens on the highways. 

If you eat meat some one kills the animal for your use so unless you are a vegetarian you to benefit by the animals dead. Feel guilty about that?

Me thinking ,"Cool Hand Luke"," What we've got here is a failure to communicate"....anyhow opinions are free and I think all are valuable.

Some people do kill for fun,or it would be a burden to kill pests,admit it,Sometimes it is fun to kill..pests...why would Some people put killing pests on UTube.....Some people kill for fun,FACT.

Tell you what,if you do not have fun killing pests,find someone that does,beleive me it will not be hard,LOL

Sorry if I offended anyone,it my sick sense of humor.

1562123008_4727800555d1c1b00c349a0.14270015_IMG_20181014_055150621~2.jpg

1562123113_5353542125d1c1b69a1cb07.87632748_IMG_20180128_111234284_HDR.jpg

Ok most I see here keep popping up is squirrel? Are they really that bad you need to kill them? Where I live there are squirrels running around all over the place and we just leave them be. Sometime I would shoot a few to eat. Squirrel are good eating. I just people don't know how to cook them. Idk why people complaining they are pest. I enjoy walking around my neighborhood and see squirrels running and chasing each other around. I guess some people just want them all dead. Oh wells

Don't know about the US, but grey squirrels in the UK are invasive and HIGHLY detrimental to the environment,so killing them is imperative.

They do however usually get eaten by the shooter 👍🏻 if not, in that case- oh well!

The invasive pests we have in South Africa (common/Indian mynahs in the north east and European starlings in the south west) are as absolutely not edible, but need eradication for the environmental reasons many have mentioned. The only reason you don't see more videos of mynahs being whacked is they tend to gather in urban rather than farm environments and you can imagine if the general ignorant but opinionated suburban caught onto somebody shooting 'poor birds' in the 'burbs and had a video to prove it 💩💩💩🌩🌩🌩

I only shoot what I intend to kill, and I don't do that unless I have a reason.

Two exceptions that I will dispatch but NOT eat are pigeons and coyotes.

A third exception that I will sometimes eat, and other times donate to someone else who will eat them, are squirrels.

Everything else I kill, whether it be fish, deer, etc., goes into our freezer and it always gets cooked up one way or another.

I have unfortunately seen some people who are not good stewards with nature and take unnecessary/inhumane shots at animals and almost have a sense of humor about it. I find this kind of mentality to be reckless and irresponsible, and certainly not a good example for the youth of the world.

PT

Ok most I see here keep popping up is squirrel? Are they really that bad you need to kill them? Where I live there are squirrels running around all over the place and we just leave them be. Sometime I would shoot a few to eat. Squirrel are good eating. I just people don't know how to cook them. Idk why people complaining they are pest. I enjoy walking around my neighborhood and see squirrels running and chasing each other around. I guess some people just want them all dead. Oh wells

I see you havent been on the receiving end of a thug squirrels brutality. :)

Squirrel management is what got me into airgunning in the first place. Traps didnt work.

We moved to a place with lots of oaks trees and lots of cute squirrels. After paying to repair my vehicle wiring twice and replace trim they destroyed, I changed my tune. Squirrels are okay as long they're numbers are kept in check. My first pcp, benji maximus euro, did wonders to protect my vehicles and house. 

Ground squirrels eat 54# of hay a year. I enjoy shooting fur and feathers and do not apologize to anyone. On a good day I kill 500, and hunt 5 days at a time. Now do the math, tons of hay, the farmer's profit. My son shoots pigeons, he d his GF kill 160 a day, tell me how much this costs the farmer. Plus the crap in the carttles food that goes into your steak or milk. Rock Chucks in the alfalfa, 10-12" tall in the open field 3" 30' from the edge for a half mile. We killed 25-30 don't eat them either.