• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Easy Scope Level Arisaka

For me this thing is Perfect !! I am mounting scopes seems like every other day . This will knock down a lotta time from prepping for a video . I'm doing a video soon about my scope testing fixture from an idea by Dave Cole . I think some of you guys will find it interesting. Seriously this thing is cheaper than a decent set of scope rings ...I'm digging it

I was reading this thread yesterday and getting ready to place my order when I remembered someone had posted about it a while back and mentioned using a feeler gauge instead. Since I already had one, I decided to give that a try. I used the feeler gauge on two different guns, one with a picatinny rail and one a dovetail. It seems to work very well. My feeler gauge was a 32 blade version and was thick enough fill the void between the scope and rail. When I have a larger void I plan to cut some aluminum shims to use with the feeler gauge.

From the manufacturer:

"Use of the Arisaka Optic Leveler makes the assumption that the scope's turret cluster and reticle are aligned, which may not be the case with poor quality scopes."

It also makes the assumption that your barrel is perfectly straight, the bore-line is perfectly straight and centered in the barrel, the dovetail is perfectly centered over the barrel, and the scope mounts are perfectly centered on the dovetail.

That device lines up the bottom of the scope with the top of the receiver/dovetail. For "leveling" the scope to your test bed, it's fine, because you have no bore-line to worry about.

On a lot of my guns, if I relied on that device, the bore-line/reticle vector would end up slightly canted.

This was mentioned in a post a few weeks ago by Bob O about this leveler. In it the mirror method was explained (I can’t remember if it was you, Starling) but it goes like this: you mount the scope facing a mirror, use the shortest parallax and the highest magnification where you can still see the crosshairs and barrel hole. You line up the crosshairs with the center of the scope with the bottom of the reticle through the center of the barrel hole. It works great! After the last post, I’ve gone between my two favorite scopes on my rifle and it’s spot on every time. 

Ebay $25 webyshop is the seller in Tex, no waiting for slowboat from china, made in USA, this e-store sells hunting stuff. I usually look at the ebay store to see if it is an Amazon resale store front, but when everything in the store is related to my purchase, it ain't amazon-SPIT SPIT

I just ordered this one Arisaka Optic Leveler Small Ol-Small

( 282777181051 )

edit: I was wrong, this came in an Amazon package spit-spit