• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

easy hawks meal!

pete72

Jan 26, 2016
so I have a 4 foot rock stone wall along my property about 50 yards long. well early this morning I was being over-run with chick monks so I decided to do a little thinning. shot 5 and hit all 5 shot 6 was a whole different story. I shot and hit so I turned around for just a second to put my beeman on the sawhorse just inside my garage and when I turned around the chickmonk was falling from atop the wall and low and behold a red tailed hawk swooped down and carried it off in a blink of an eye! I seen some crazy stuff but never anything like this. my guess is he was already watching all the ruckus they were making running all along and in and out of the holes in the stonewall. I'm still in awe after half a day. I was thinking if I told this to anyone they would never believe me! seems crazy but true story! made an easy meal for the hawk! 

I was sitting on my back porch shooting about 3 months ago. A red tailed hawk swooped down through my yard and I saw him nail a small chicken about 25 yards from me. He was super fast.....like a fighter jet. Awesome to see. My neighbor was outside and started yelling shoot him! They're her chickens. I raised up and saw the hawk through my scope......chicken was too big for him to fly away......and INTENTIONALLY missed him by about a foot. He flew off. I then apologized for missing lol. I would shoot one if it came after my dog tho.........

I got one or two for you. A couple of years ago I shot a starling out of one of my pecan trees. As it was fluttering and falling a sparrow hawk caught it on the wing and was off with it. Earlier this year I had squirrels running to my garden to gather pecans that were part of organic matter I gathered and placed between the rows. The tomatoes were getting ripe so I decided tree rats eating out of my garden just would not do. Gathered up my trusty Marauder .25 to sort things out. As I lined up the mil dots a Redtail Hawk zoomed in and beat me to the trigger. Fait had ordained that day would be the rats last one. It was his time.