• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

East Texas Air Gunners?

Looking for people to shoot with in East Texas. I’m in Mineola, and it feels like I’m the only air gun shooter in the world.

You are. 😆 I saw some older posts about some folks in Tyler. We live west of Athens. 

As far as shooting with, I go to my rifle club for my 45 and shoot some in the back yard, but traffic may be bringing that to a halt. Sad to see the area building so much, mostly spec houses.

Jacksonville here. I saw a gentleman Thanksgiving day at the East Texas Rifle and Pistol club with 4 of the high end PCP rifles and scopes. One was 35 caliber. I'm just getting back into air guns after a long hiatus mainly due to ammo scaricity, cost and distance to the club. For anyone interested it is a good facility, numerous ranges, both rifle and pistol, some dual purpose, Some for shotgun sports up on top of hill trap, maybe 5 stand, but not sure. It's just off I 20 on the south side next exit going east from exit between Longview and Kilgore, I think that one is Hwy 271, but cannot remember.

Maybe some ratting/pesting, or just enjoy the hobby. I work for a defense contractor, and when I broach the subject at work I get the old “I can’t believe you spend 1500 on a pellet gun. You could buy a helluva nice real gun for that kinda money”. Or “I quit shooting pellet guns when I turned 12”. You know, the typical stuff that one hears from people who just don’t know how awesome modern airguns are. 
I have just recently got into it myself, so I understand where they’re coming from, but my eyes have been opened since I took the plunge on a Walther Reign .22 last year, and more recently, an AirMaks Caiman x in .25. 
I typically shoot in my back yard and built backstops at 25 and 50 yds. And ive killed many pesky starlings around my bird feeders. 
I moved out here from Albuquerque in 2016, and really don’t know any farmers who might want some pesting done, but that’s what I’d like to do. 

Maybe some ratting/pesting, or just enjoy the hobby. I work for a defense contractor, and when I broach the subject at work I get the old “I can’t believe you spend 1500 on a pellet gun. You could buy a helluva nice real gun for that kinda money”. Or “I quit shooting pellet guns when I turned 12”. You know, the typical stuff that one hears from people who just don’t know how awesome modern airguns are. 
I have just recently got into it myself, so I understand where they’re coming from, but my eyes have been opened since I took the plunge on a Walther Reign .22 last year, and more recently, an AirMaks Caiman x in .25. 
I typically shoot in my back yard and built backstops at 25 and 50 yds. And ive killed many pesky starlings around my bird feeders. 
I moved out here from Albuquerque in 2016, and really don’t know any farmers who might want some pesting done, but that’s what I’d like to do.

Ha! Yeah, I know what you mean. I live in Nacogdoches. I was inquiring recently to the Lufkin Parks and Recreation Dpt about shooting airguns at Kurth Lake which is in north Angelina County. Guy I talked to equated air rifles w/ high powered rifles. Said they don't allow them because they can shoot clean across the lake. Granted, Kurth Lake is only a few hundred acres in size, but I kinda doubt any of my airguns can fire a pellet clean across the lake and hit w/ any authority if and/or when they impact the ground or water. Like I'd be dumb enough to fire them at a 45 degree angle. He didn't know what Chairgun software is.

I typically shoot in my backyard too. Max range is about 35 yards. I too use bird feeders which attract all kinds of wildlife. Most of which I leave alone only going after starlings and hosps. Pest / invasive species, as it were.