• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Easiest way to tell the difference between FX rifles

So, stupid question: the late Mk2 reg and the early mk3 reg are the same design, correct? Also are the regs the same across calibers. I ask because I need one for my MK2 and I thought I would get a huma for my MK3. Huma offers a lower psi and a 'tuning reg' for your and my guns.
Not sure why FX included an MK2 Owner's manual with my MK3 Wildcat but photos of how to adjust regulator, after removing stock, seems identical to mine. Members who've posted mention a non-externally adjustable regulator also in the mix, which suggests removing air tube to adjust. It appears three regulator styles are involved, not counting the latest twin-regulated Wildcat/Maverick hybrid. Haven't visited HUMA website in a while, pretty sure they're clear about which style is appropriate and any caliber specific issues. WM

Clicking on that and scrolling explains, with photos, FX's change in design to the Model 2021, which we don't have. WM
Yeah, I arrived at the same conclusion. The third one is adjustable with the stock on has a large brass screw. I will probably call fx to make sure I can swap regs with my mkii & mkiii but I believe they are the same.

Yeah, I arrived at the same conclusion. The third one is adjustable with the stock on has a large brass screw. I will probably call fx to make sure I can swap regs with my mkii & mkiii but I believe they are the same.
HUMA did show a Wildcat MKII regulator, but I didn't research it. In your shoes, I'd click on that reg and see what information HUMA offers. My only question is why HUMA offers an MKII regulator if it's the same regulator as the Model 2020 we agree fits our guns. Some mentioned a Wildcat regulator that could only be adjusted by opening up air tube, maybe that's the one HUMA lists as Wildcat MKII. WM

Visited HUMA to research Wildcat MKII Tuning regulator. When ordering, in addition to high or low power, you have to choose, "2018 or earlier build rifle with standard regulator," or "2019 model with AMP regulator." Think UK is right, the Model 2019 AMP regulator and the Model 2020 AMP regulator are the same. My guess would be if your MKII is a 2019 and the air tube adjustment hole is same as MKIII adjustment hole, with required stock removal, same AMP regulator in both. I'd fill out a HUMA order form with both and see if stock numbers matched. WM

Reactions: BZapp7