• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Easiest way to tell the difference between FX rifles

Maybe it's a futile question but is there a way besides visual inspection or calling FX themselves? I had a Mk2 wildcat for years before I discovered it actually has a liner barrel and a newer style cylinder shaped reg as used on the mk3s. I assumed it had a non liner barrel and a reg with a nut on the end.:D
So I wanted to shoot slugs and decided on a longer barrel mk3 wildcat. I was just researching humas website and according to what they say it turns out I may have a "maverick style reg" or a gen 2 cylinder style. :rolleyes: Also does my gun have two regs or just one. I'm guessing only one but I've assumed stuff before:p... I guess the good thing about FX is that they're always changing and the bad thing about FX is that they're always changing... It just seems kinda endless...

BZ,
My Wildcat MK3 Sniper .30, with air tube, has a regulator which can only be adjusted after stock removal. FX then changed the Wildcat MK3 so that regulator can be adjusted without stock removal. HUMA shows two different regulators for these. Recently, FX introduced a "hybrid" Maverick/Wildcat MK3 that features two regulators of the Maverick platform. Latest version offers aluminum or carbon-fiber bottles, and the Wildcat name has a few extra letters at the end. Appears that HUMA offers regs for this style, too. A picture of your Wildcat will help to identify. WM

w
Reg adjustable with stock removal or without, on the MK2?
so, it depended on the factory. You don’t need to screw the tube all the way till it stops. You can unscrew it a little so the reg screw is accessible from outside the stock. Mine was.
the oring does the sealing, so there’s no need to bottom out the reservoir to seal.

Mk2 wildcats had the amp reg (adjustable from outside), and the barrel liner system. Only 1 reg, and still not really good at shooting slugs, purely from a power stand point.
Airtac on YouTube had a .22 sniper like mine and had 26 grain slugs going 970. I'm going for 23 grain slugs so I sure hope it will work. I may have to go for a heavy barrel though

BZ,
My Wildcat MK3 Sniper .30, with air tube, has a regulator which can only be adjusted after stock removal. FX then changed the Wildcat MK3 so that regulator can be adjusted without stock removal. HUMA shows two different regulators for these. Recently, FX introduced a "hybrid" Maverick/Wildcat MK3 that features two regulators of the Maverick platform. Latest version offers aluminum or carbon-fiber bottles, and the Wildcat name has a few extra letters at the end. Appears that HUMA offers regs for this style, too. A picture of your Wildcat will help to identify. WM
I have a sniper version. I'll try to remember to get a picture tonight

I have a sniper version. I'll try to remember to get a picture tonight
..... So it has a single hole in the tube similar to my Mk2 which had 2 holes at the reg. Gen 2 reg?

16869639130721253931887047768021.jpg

Looks just like my early model MK3, I have to remove stock to adjust regulator, too. Search archives under "MK3 Wildcat" several photos of the next version, showing non-stock removal brass regulator adjustment screw, are shown in member Grumpy's threads. Here's my .30 Sniper. Recall looking up a HUMA regulator for mine was not complicated, they explained differences clearly. WM
IMG_20220410_162301.jpg

Reactions: BZapp7
Looks just like my early model MK3, I have to remove stock to adjust regulator, too. Search archives under "MK3 Wildcat" several photos of the next version, showing non-stock removal brass regulator adjustment screw, are shown in member Grumpy's threads. Here's my .30 Sniper. Recall looking up a HUMA regulator for mine was not complicated, they explained differences clearly. WMView attachment 365367
So, stupid question: the late Mk2 reg and the early mk3 reg are the same design, correct? Also are the regs the same across calibers. I ask because I need one for my MK2 and I thought I would get a huma for my MK3. Huma offers a lower psi and a 'tuning reg' for your and my guns.