N/A Easiest and most accurate magnum springers you own?

I haven't had many magnum springers. I had a RX1 a R1 and box store Gamos and Chinese Beemans. I liked them in that order. Magnum springers aren't my thing. I shoot springers for fun. If I want power to kill something at a longer distance, I just grab a powder burner. Their easier to shoot accurately and have much more power.

The only real magnum I have left is a Webley Venom Sidewinder Tomahawk in .22! It's doing 20fpe with Crosman domes!
IMG_20220504_142223.jpg

The only real magnum I have left is a Webley Venom Sidewinder Tomahawk in .22! It's doing 20fpe with Crosman domes!
View attachment 446219
I always thought 20 fpe was the defintion of a magnum. When I first got into airguns I lusted after power so I had Timmy Mac build a C9A steroid. It is capable of 20 fpe if you are willing an able to pump 14 times. After that I had Mike Mellick (Flying Dragon air rifles) tune an XS 28 22 (Diana 350 clone) and it would generate 25 fpe with 14.5 grain pellet. I still own both of them but don't shoot them as much as I used to. These days I'm happy shooting an HW95 .20. It isn't a Magnum but it gets the job done.

The other Magnum air rifle I own is a Gamo Hunter Extreme Pro. It's a gas piston and produces 27 fpe. I was attracted to it because it is metal and wood. It would be even better if it had spring in it. It is my go to "magmum" if needed these days.

Last edited:
My ASP20 is a close second but the easiest to shoot is my .20 Beeman Crow Mag/ Theoben Eliminator. A bit over 24fpe and it doesn't care much which way you hold it. On a good day I've almost been able to hold MOA at 50 with it. On an average day its a 1.5 MOA gun.

View attachment 446228View attachment 446229
Sweet rifle. What do the crow magnums go for?

Reactions: esaz-41
I think the generally accepted range is 18 FPE and over,
I think that's a good assessment. That means a R1 barely makes it. Which is about right. At the very least it deserves a seat at the table based on heritage and history. I'd still rather shoot any other of my Weihrauchs than my R1.