- Early Review of SpriTech PCP Air Compressor

Thanks for the posts here. I ended up picking a SpriTech from Amazon over the holidays. My first fill-up made me grateful for not spending more, but my more recent experience has me doubting. If all you are doing is filling up a partially filled gun this is likely a fine unit. If you are filling up a Ninja 90 bottle from 2000 to 4000 it takes everything it has, with an 8 min rest in-between two sessions. And its loud. The fans are loud. The little pump that could is loud. Something to consider if you live in a busy house with sensitive types.

Thanks for the posts here. I ended up picking a SpriTech from Amazon over the holidays. My first fill-up made me grateful for not spending more, but my more recent experience has me doubting. If all you are doing is filling up a partially filled gun this is likely a fine unit. If you are filling up a Ninja 90 bottle from 2000 to 4000 it takes everything it has, with an 8 min rest in-between two sessions. And its loud. The fans are loud. The little pump that could is loud. Something to consider if you live in a busy house with sensitive types.

After some months with it, I have to agree. There is a good place for these. Super portable, convenient and a heck of a lot easier than hand pumping.

But the more I use it, the more I realize I am already taxing it. It's still going (knock wood) but it really doesn't like my 700cc tanks, it really didn't like going from 200 BAR on my Benjamins to 245/250ish BAR on my LCS and Puncher.

So it has a place, but it does not have room to grow. A compressor with water cooling and that lets you keep on top of the oil could last a very long time. This one simply can't do that.

Thanks for sharing. Just saw on Amaz0n that SpriTech are now offering this VE3 Double Cylinder PCP Air Compressor for $40 more that what I paid for the back in Sep. Curios as to what this one would be like compared to the original version. Even tho longevity is questionable, I'm a huge fan of the portability and easy operation that these come with lol
Capture.1642507172.PNG

I wish they would make one "water free" (ie: portable) but NOT "oil free"

Keeping on top pf oil is standard maintenance for any decent compressor. I feel like these could be much more durable is we could just keep on top of the oil.

...and a serious "oops" in the published description specs;

" The tested filling speed is as follows:1.5L cylinder, from 0BARS to 4500BARS takes 5 minutes "

4500 BAR!!! That could send me to the moon! Assuming they mean 4,500 PSI, that's DAMN fast compared to the one I have.

Keeping on top pf oil is standard maintenance for any decent compressor. I feel like these could be much more durable is we could just keep on top of the oil.

" The tested filling speed is as follows:1.5L cylinder, from 0BARS to 4500BARS takes 5 minutes "

You pay less, hence - YOU are in charge of the oil :)

5 minutes sounds like a bit like ci-fi to me (given my 1st version single cylinder takes about 15-16 minutes to fill from 110 BAR to 250 BAR).....but I haven't tried this new double cylinder one so cant say for sure.

You pay less, hence - YOU are in charge of the oil :)

5 minutes sounds like a bit like ci-fi to me (given my 1st version single cylinder takes about 15-16 minutes to fill from 110 BAR to 250 BAR).....but I haven't tried this new double cylinder one so cant say for sure.

The bigger oops is "4500bars"

I believe that would either send the tank to the moon, or atomize it, or both!

I have a VE-3 that I got in early February. It filled an Avenger to 4200 psi about 5 times and a Marauder to 3000 psi 4 times before it took a dump. The support from Spritech has been excellent. They sent another seal kit and when I broke the high pressure piston rod they sent me a new piston assembly. I put it back together and got two fills for the Marauder and one for the Avenger. The next time I tried the Avenger it crapped out at 2800psi. When it's working it is a pleasure. When it's not........it ain't. 

There are more parts on the way. When I get it back together, if it works, I'll likely use it as a backup to my Nomad and even though it is supposed to be good for 4500 I'll keep it on the Marauder and 3000psi. I believe that it just isn't up to its rating.

I took it apart and found that the piston rings were bone dry so I used super lube and lubed up everything and now it sounds better and fills faster than it did new !

Hey Larry,
Could you post a pic or 2 just to show where exactly you applied that lube? I did the same as you but my compressor started burning the green fuse at the back (unit came with spare green fuses, still kept burning them one after another). Not sure if its related, but wouldn't hurt to see what exactly worked for you. Thanks!

Hey Larry,
Could you post a pic or 2 just to show where exactly you applied that lube? I did the same as you but my compressor started burning the green fuse at the back (unit came with spare green fuses, still kept burning them one after another). Not sure if its related, but wouldn't hurt to see what exactly worked for you. Thanks!
I did not take any pics , I took the piston out and just put a small amount on the rings and made shure they were coated good then put a thin amount inside the cylinder sleeve , make shure it is synthetic grease I used super lube , befor I did that when I hooked it up to my truck battery it did blow a fuze and only worked with my truck running after that I work ok but I still have to start my truck not shure why but it will not run on just the battery

I did not take any pics , I took the piston out and just put a small amount on the rings and made shure they were coated good then put a thin amount inside the cylinder sleeve , make shure it is synthetic grease I used super lube , befor I did that when I hooked it up to my truck battery it did blow a fuze and only worked with my truck running after that I work ok but I still have to start my truck not shure why but it will not run on just the battery
it should be a 30amp fuze

I have a similar version to the spiritech. Still works but DOES need lubing regularly. The bigger issue is moisture control with these types. There are many threads on this subject. A one way valve and pressure maintaining valve on the cylinder(controlling moisture) are important steps.
Look at the sticky thread heading this column.

Last edited:
I have a VE-3 that I got in early February. It filled an Avenger to 4200 psi about 5 times and a Marauder to 3000 psi 4 times before it took a dump. The support from Spritech has been excellent. They sent another seal kit and when I broke the high pressure piston rod they sent me a new piston assembly. I put it back together and got two fills for the Marauder and one for the Avenger. The next time I tried the Avenger it crapped out at 2800psi. When it's working it is a pleasure. When it's not........it ain't.

There are more parts on the way. When I get it back together, if it works, I'll likely use it as a backup to my Nomad and even though it is supposed to be good for 4500 I'll keep it on the Marauder and 3000psi. I believe that it just isn't up to its rating.
I’d love to get the Spiritech Support contact info if you can share. Can’t find it in any of the provided paperwork. My unit won’t work with 110v but will from a battery. Need a fix pronto.

4500 BAR!!! That could send me to the moon! Assuming they mean 4,500 PSI, that's DAMN fast compared to the one I have.
I’d say the 5min fill time on a 1.5 L bottle is even a bigger dream than the 4500 bar pressure. Lol

First, I was surprised at the size.
Even though I'd read it was small, and I measure things all day, I still had preconceived ideas based on the larger models I have seen. It really is much smaller than I anticipated, (you can see it next to a sharpie for scale ) Compact size is a big plus which makes the 12volt set up actually very convenient for remote location filling. It could easily be in the trunk. For now, i have only tested it at home on AC power.

- It came very well packaged, and with good clear instructions, as well as a one page quick start.
- Included are both AC and 12Vdc power cords, parts, foster cable and filter holder, spare filters, including one preinstalled inline. As with everything that seems to come with a foster cable, I only wish it were longer. At least with this, unlike like with the hand pump, it doesn't mean I have to put the rifle down on the floor!

- Really there was no set up, just plug it in and go.

- I've used this only twice now, but it filled both my Benjamin Kratos and Dianna/Artemis Bandit to where I set the automatic cut off, which in this case was just shy of 3000psi for each. (approx 2,800psi, or 18.5ish BAR)

- The auto cut off was easy to set, and worked perfectly both times.
- Gauge appears to be accurate. (I have nothing good to compare it to, just the two on the airguns I charged. All three gauges agreed with each other.)
- Temps never got above mid 30's celsius, which is really cool. It's not going to shut down from temp until mid 80's according to the manual.
- It's really quiet. I was fearing something much louder. The Fan is loud, for a small fan but that's about it.
- It actually has two fans, one in the power supply that stays on the whole time it is plugged in, then the one you turn on.
- No leaks, or issues. Foster connections were good.
- It took "about" (didn't remember to start a timer) 6 minutes to bring the Kratos (480cc @ 2850psi * rated for 3000 ) up from about 1,200 psi. It seemed longer with anticipation!
- Just over two minutes to fill the little Bandit.
(compared to my "bicycle pump", this if great!)

I don't have a small carbon tank yet, so I could not test up to higher 4000plus psi. Watching it slow down after 2000 on the 480 cc Kratos bottle, I'm not too sure how well it would do with a larger/higher pressure bottle like that. But for filling a gun directly, it seems a very good deal. I paid $379.00 with a coupon when I got mine. Right now they are down another $10.00 This only less than double what I paid for the Benjamin bicycle pump.

Obviously I have no idea yet on longevity.
I will come back in a few months or so with an update. For now you can be sure that if there is no update, that means it is still working fine. If anything goes wrong, you'll here from me the same day. (as will Amazon :) )View attachment 157246View attachment 157253View attachment 157260View attachment 157270View attachment 157281

Amazon US; https://www.amazon.com/Spritech-Com...et-pressure/dp/B08L35BL8V/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1

Also available in Blue, (Orange matches most of the tools in my garage :)

https://www.amazon.com/Spritech-Com...S516DX/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1RT88KG7SRW11&dchild=1
I have had this compressor for over two years. Bought this when I got my Gauntlet 2 ( short lived affair ) and it has worked well. From empty to a full 4500 fill, it took 20 min.s . I've used it in the field off my vehicle battery several times ( it's faster than AC )and always let the fan run till temp is around 21 on gauge , just my thing. My home filling is mostly in a cool basement , so that may help. I make it a practice to never go below 1/2 fill on all my guns. I see no change in operation since new & I'm happy so far. I will handpump most of the time on the tube guns ( exercise for a 65 yr guy ) but not the bottle guns. I start up w/the fan for 2-3 min.s then compressor button w/open valve for 30 sec.s or so and this has worked for me. Enjoy it.

I’d love to get the Spiritech Support contact info if you can share. Can’t find it in any of the provided paperwork. My unit won’t work with 110v but will from a battery. Need a fix pronto.
I have the VE3 unit coming in today. Should i remove the piston and lube it. If so how difficult is it to get them back in? Would it help to just lube the cylinder wall.
I have a VE-3 that I got in early February. It filled an Avenger to 4200 psi about 5 times and a Marauder to 3000 psi 4 times before it took a dump. The support from Spritech has been excellent. They sent another seal kit and when I broke the high pressure piston rod they sent me a new piston assembly. I put it back together and got two fills for the Marauder and one for the Avenger. The next time I tried the Avenger it crapped out at 2800psi. When it's working it is a pleasure. When it's not........it ain't.

My ve3 is coming in today. Should I remove the piston and lightly lube it. How difficult is it to get pistons back in? Would it be enough to just lube the cylinder wall ?

Last edited:

Can you provide contact info for Spritech? I bought the ve3 also for $344. $379 less a $35 coupon on Amazon. No troubles with it. Just want info in case. Thanks