• In order to send private messages to other members, you must have a minimum of 10 posts on the site.

- Early Review of SpriTech PCP Air Compressor

Thanks for the posts here. I ended up picking a SpriTech from Amazon over the holidays. My first fill-up made me grateful for not spending more, but my more recent experience has me doubting. If all you are doing is filling up a partially filled gun this is likely a fine unit. If you are filling up a Ninja 90 bottle from 2000 to 4000 it takes everything it has, with an 8 min rest in-between two sessions. And its loud. The fans are loud. The little pump that could is loud. Something to consider if you live in a busy house with sensitive types.

Thanks for the posts here. I ended up picking a SpriTech from Amazon over the holidays. My first fill-up made me grateful for not spending more, but my more recent experience has me doubting. If all you are doing is filling up a partially filled gun this is likely a fine unit. If you are filling up a Ninja 90 bottle from 2000 to 4000 it takes everything it has, with an 8 min rest in-between two sessions. And its loud. The fans are loud. The little pump that could is loud. Something to consider if you live in a busy house with sensitive types.

After some months with it, I have to agree. There is a good place for these. Super portable, convenient and a heck of a lot easier than hand pumping.

But the more I use it, the more I realize I am already taxing it. It's still going (knock wood) but it really doesn't like my 700cc tanks, it really didn't like going from 200 BAR on my Benjamins to 245/250ish BAR on my LCS and Puncher.

So it has a place, but it does not have room to grow. A compressor with water cooling and that lets you keep on top of the oil could last a very long time. This one simply can't do that.

Thanks for sharing. Just saw on Amaz0n that SpriTech are now offering this VE3 Double Cylinder PCP Air Compressor for $40 more that what I paid for the back in Sep. Curios as to what this one would be like compared to the original version. Even tho longevity is questionable, I'm a huge fan of the portability and easy operation that these come with lol
Capture.1642507172.PNG

I wish they would make one "water free" (ie: portable) but NOT "oil free"

Keeping on top pf oil is standard maintenance for any decent compressor. I feel like these could be much more durable is we could just keep on top of the oil.

...and a serious "oops" in the published description specs;

" The tested filling speed is as follows:1.5L cylinder, from 0BARS to 4500BARS takes 5 minutes "

4500 BAR!!! That could send me to the moon! Assuming they mean 4,500 PSI, that's DAMN fast compared to the one I have.

Keeping on top pf oil is standard maintenance for any decent compressor. I feel like these could be much more durable is we could just keep on top of the oil.

" The tested filling speed is as follows:1.5L cylinder, from 0BARS to 4500BARS takes 5 minutes "

You pay less, hence - YOU are in charge of the oil :)

5 minutes sounds like a bit like ci-fi to me (given my 1st version single cylinder takes about 15-16 minutes to fill from 110 BAR to 250 BAR).....but I haven't tried this new double cylinder one so cant say for sure.

You pay less, hence - YOU are in charge of the oil :)

5 minutes sounds like a bit like ci-fi to me (given my 1st version single cylinder takes about 15-16 minutes to fill from 110 BAR to 250 BAR).....but I haven't tried this new double cylinder one so cant say for sure.

The bigger oops is "4500bars"

I believe that would either send the tank to the moon, or atomize it, or both!

I have a VE-3 that I got in early February. It filled an Avenger to 4200 psi about 5 times and a Marauder to 3000 psi 4 times before it took a dump. The support from Spritech has been excellent. They sent another seal kit and when I broke the high pressure piston rod they sent me a new piston assembly. I put it back together and got two fills for the Marauder and one for the Avenger. The next time I tried the Avenger it crapped out at 2800psi. When it's working it is a pleasure. When it's not........it ain't. 

There are more parts on the way. When I get it back together, if it works, I'll likely use it as a backup to my Nomad and even though it is supposed to be good for 4500 I'll keep it on the Marauder and 3000psi. I believe that it just isn't up to its rating.