Early Fwb127 gold stamping

I don’t have this in my hands yet, it’s on its way.
It’s an early one and as you can see the lettering is done in gold. Also no “0” before the serial no.
Anyone have a clue on age and when fwb were doing the gold inlay? I’ll haven’t any photos of the other side but it looks to have the Beeman muzzle break.
It had been taken out of its stock and the trigger guard had been lost so I’m tracking to track one down.
Cheers.
4AB5C26D-E7CE-4020-8978-4E57F6A5B715.jpeg

Cool, the 127's are rare. I would guess that the trigger guards are interchangeable with the 124 (.177 version).
If you plan to shoot it, you will most certainly have to replace the piston and breech seals, if original.
Looks like a very low serial number, made perhaps in the mid to late 1970's? The gold lettering seems unusual. I have a 124 from the late 70's and the markings are just stamped with no ink.

Reactions: AirSupply
Thanks you for the reply’s. I managed to find pictures of 2 other fwb sports with the gold lettering and both were early 127’s. Both were also custom jobs with walnut stocks and other modifications.
Just as you say probably custom done. As I mentioned it had no trigger guard and in fact the stock is currently zip tied to the rifle. It looks a standard deluxe stock. Maybe it once had a custom stock?
It does have an alloy trigger and a Beeman muzzle brake.
I won’t know more until I get hold of it in a couple of weeks.
Kingfisher that is a very kind off and I would like to take you up on that. I’ll send you a private message.
Thanks again.

Reactions: bf1956
I got some replacement stock screws for my 124 here
https://www.airgunspares.com/gunspares/airgun-spares/feinwerkbau/124-127-sport.html. looks like they still have some and front guard screw,

I am not sure but think the rear screw can but cut shorter after threading to a proper length. but then again am not sure if it is a metric thread or a wood screw.
Thanks. I’ve managed to find trigger guard screws and the front stock screws here in Australia. I’ve bookmarked that site. 👍

Well done on picking that one up, it was a bargain.
l think l missed it by less than an hour or so as l had a work meeting it was sold by the time l got back.
George
Thanks George. I mate who knows I’m interested in such things gave me the heads up. I’ve been too late a few times also. There seems to be some interesting stuff coming on the market at the moment. I’m sure they’ll be other opportunities.
I’m thinking this fwb127 may have been a personal import. Dates from 73/74. Will be interesting to see if it’s stamped Beeman on the other side.
Cheers Michael

Is the 127 more popular than the 124 there? I understand there are less 124;s than 127's in UK. How about SA?
Hi KWK. We’re in Australia. Overall the sports are quite scarce. I’d say numbers of the 127 are more in line with US numbers with the 124 being more popular.
Looking at the sales history of our most used gun site there were 4 124’s and 1 127.
We did have a Beeman representative here in Australia who had a good relationship with Robert Beeman but he didn’t ever sell the Fwb’ sports.

Hi Michael,
Yeah l'm sure something interesting will come up for me soon but l've definitely haven't had a good year - l'm still kicking myself over missing the only Sharp Ace l have seen for sale...
Looking at the FWB that you just purchased, l thought that the muzzle weight was on the FWB MK 3 versions. So is yours an early MK 1 with a MK3 muzzle weight?

The gold inlay is usually the work of the original seller. As previously mentioned, the Custom Shop models had them. Is yours Beeman marked? Robert Law may have done this one if not Beeman marked.
Definitely an early 70s product. I have a couple of trigger guards if you need one.
Best of luck with that rare bird!!
I would be very appreciative if I could buy a trigger guard from you. Sent you a private message. Thanks

I don’t have this in my hands yet, it’s on its way.
It’s an early one and as you can see the lettering is done in gold. Also no “0” before the serial no.
Anyone have a clue on age and when fwb were doing the gold inlay? I’ll haven’t any photos of the other side but it looks to have the Beeman muzzle break.
It had been taken out of its stock and the trigger guard had been lost so I’m tracking to track one down.
Cheers. View attachment 306177
I have a HW R7 pre safety with the gold inlay and gold trigger blade and also wondered about the origin.

Reactions: mj102