• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

E-bay prices are ridiculous

Seems many of the people on e-bay are going crazy pricing their airguns. I like the vintage Crosman's, but it is getting to the point that I just stop looking on e-bay. On e-bay,I've bought bulk filled pistols, the 114 rifle, a 160, 2 of the 150's, S&W 78G and 79G, etc but can never manage to get one of the 180's. Last 180 I bid on ended up costing close to what a good Sheridan Blue or Silver Streak would cost. Just don't think a good 180 is even near equal to a good Sheridan. I'd want a little extra money and the 180 for one of my Sheridans. Maybe it's just me and I am out of touch with reality. 

Maybe if the airgun show being talked about for this fall in Texas takes place I can find a decent 180. At least I can take a few guns to sell and or trade. Getting where it seems like you have to be much more careful buying now days on the internet and in person trading is much better. 

Maybe at 81 I'm just to damn old to face reality.

I’ve noticed that too. And it seems like some of the people that asked crazy prices didn’t even know much about airguns. You could tell by the description They had on the gun. And then you have some of them people that know that a lot of guns are out of stock right now and think that people will pay their crazy asking price. But I normally buy vintage guns on there myself. Once in a great while you will find One for a decent price. I usually do best on the best offer options because I can give them a legitimate reason why I think they’re asking too much. 

personally i think this is the new normal ... things are 'not' going to go back to how they used to be, those were the good ole days .. supply chains are being purposefully sabotaged and shortages being 'promoted' in everything .. including food ... so .. not to be gloom and doom, but saying brace yourself for what may be the new reality .. get what you can while you can ..

I think things will return to somewhat normal after things stabilize post-pandemic. I read somewhere that some cargo ship crewman were having to spend up to 8 months on the boat for quarantine reasons. That kind of thing can really affect shipping. As for eBay prices...they can get ridiculous but sometimes you find a deal. Figured out some time ago that new or NOS items you can often find cheaper on Amazon than eBay. Bought a NOS monitor on Amazon for $50 and when it got here there were two boxes taped together (2 monitors). I offered the seller $25 for the extra one so he wouldn't have to have it shipped back. Gave the extra monitor to a high-school kid that needed one.

Alot of FX prices in the classifieds are ridiculous also. I have been looking for a used MKII and with the used prices it's not worth it. Also I love the ads that are lacking info and then they get mad when you ask questions example scope included no info on what reticle and all but acts like I should know what they had. LOL

Then I found another one that I gave the guy my number several times and asked to talk but just ignored the request. Really??? Your asking 1900 for a gun and won't talk???

I ended just buying an new M3 and a New Maverick. It's not worth buying used when people selling have attitudes.

I have sold and bought alot of airguns used and new and never ran into this issue until this past year. 

What is the deal??? Alot of prima donna's out there now a days. 

Fair market value ... sometimes it isn't fair ... sometimes it isn't valuable ... sometimes there is only one on the market.

I personally don't know if these problems with the supply chain are artificial or real. It would seem to me that the vendors would be able to answer these questions better than any of us can.

However, suppose you were a vendor and you had an inventory of several tons of pellets when you realized that your supply chain had dried up (and so had everyone else's). If you were management in that company and you realized supply chain was drying up, what would you do? You have no certain source to replenish your stock. Scalpers are buying from you in bulk and reselling a $15.99 tin of pellets for $30.00 or $40.00 per tin on EBay and Amazon. Are you going to just dump your inventory into the hands of the scalpers at retail prices?

I wouldn't if I was worried about perhaps not being able to maintain my volume (which impacts the actual ability to make payroll) ... The only option is to open some seller accounts on EBay and Amazon and move existing stocks under alternate identities. I'm not accusing anyone of anything.

Just looking at what I see and trying to understand how it came about...

This is a manufacturing opportunity for people IN THE USA... IF THEY MOVE QUICKLY ENOUGH.

The problem with selling on flee bay is there fees. So they are not per say "scalpers" but probably just trying to make a little after ebay, paypal, and shipping fees. 

eBay fees are out of this world. I stopped selling on there a long time ago. Yes there are the cases of the extreme pricing such as people selling eight tins for almost $200. Nope I will pass. LOL