• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dynamic Air Rifles GEN3 - FIRST LOOK

Welcome back, you were missed. Glad you're feeling better. I've been looking at the DAR Gen 3, while waiting for the JSAR Airacuda Max to arrive. Your review was spot-on with what I've researched and I was interested in your comparison to the wood-stock Avenger. I'd like to see a more in-depth comparison in a future video. My feeling is that DAR will have to adjust cost if they wish to compete with the JSAR Airacuda Max and the wood-stock Avenger. Maybe a DAR Gen 4, with adjustability like the Avenger, a regulator manometer, in a solid synthetic stock, would be a winning combination. WM

WM,

Will be doing Avenger vs DAR Gen3 when I'm strong enough to get out on the range. As for the JTS Airacuda Max will be waiting to see what Hajimoto's JTS HemiCuda has to offer. I have a Hajimoto Silver Edition Umerax G2 that I love. Also looking to get a JTS Airacuda Standard. Have to see if in today's market the JTS Airacuda still comes in at quoted price. I got my DAR Gen3 at $399.99 before it jumped to $499.99.

Garry

Garry,

My recent visit to the DAR website revealed a $599 price tag on the Gen 3. With Avenger Wood Stock and JTS Airacuda Max in the low to mid $400s, can't see any reason to pay the higher price. I'm only looking at "regulated" .25 calibers so .22 price difference might be less. Never utilized Hajimoto's Service Plans but still enjoy my Gen One Gauntlet .25. Problem is, at 47 inches long and over 10 pounds (scoped,) the gun mainly serves bench duty. The DAR Gen 3 is of a length and weight that provides better all-round usage, and thus it remains on the radar. Looking forward to future videos, WM

WM,

Looking at DAR website right now it is $499.99 with free shipping (also paid no tax). The DAR Gen3 is a carbine compared to the Avenger and the Gauntlet. Plus, it is so quiet it does not need a moderator. Hajimoto packages are not cheap, but they are works of mechanical art. I have contacted DAR with the feedback I'm getting on pricing. Will see if price war when JTS hits the market.

Garry 

WM,

Looking at DAR website right now it is $499.99 with free shipping (also paid no tax). The DAR Gen3 is a carbine compared to the Avenger and the Gauntlet. Plus, it is so quiet it does not need a moderator. Hajimoto packages are not cheap, but they are works of mechanical art. I have contacted DAR with the feedback I'm getting on pricing. Will see if price war when JTS hits the market.

Garry

The Avenger is built like a toy, nothing more to say about that thing. The G2 is a stout rifle but that hard bolt action, weight and length is a deal breaker for me and I certainly couldn't ever justify spending anything more to polish on that gun. As far as the DAR goes I'm very disappointed they increased the price that much, they priced themselves out of the market. It's a fantastic gun for $399 though as it's actually made pretty well for what it is. As far as the Aircuda goes I simply don't trust the maker or the longevity of that company. Another fly by night just like the Cattleman's.

WM,

Garry

The Avenger is built like a toy, nothing more to say about that thing. The G2 is a stout rifle but that hard bolt action, weight and length is a deal breaker for me and I certainly couldn't ever justify spending anything more to polish on that gun. As far as the DAR goes I'm very disappointed they increased the price that much, they priced themselves out of the market. It's a fantastic gun for $399 though as it's actually made pretty well for what it is. As far as the Aircuda goes I simply don't trust the maker or the longevity of that company. Another fly by night just like the Cattleman's.

Agree Avenger has build issues: poor quality cocking lever, regulator issues, and too much plastic. I have 3 including the new bullpup. My G2 is a benchrest gun only too long and heavy. The DAR Gen3 is a great gun @ $399.99 but over priced at $499.99. As for the JTS Airacuda, the parent company Xisico USA Inc. was established in Houston Texas in April 1992 as a direct importer of high quality air guns to the US market. Travis was hired to head-up the JTS branch, the Airacuda is his baby. I know Travis he is good people and has been into air guns for a long time. I like that he put the gun in the hands of the top reviewers and took there input before putting the guns into finial production.

Garry

Garry,

My apologies, could have sworn DAR price was listed at $599, remember thinking they're crazy with Airacuda Max for $420, on the horizon, and wood-stock Avenger, not much higher. I'm never going to be an Avenger owner, nothing against them, some of the nicest guys I know are owners, but, back a year, starting into PCPs, there was an uproar over leaking Avengers, that scared me straight. Thankfully, that seems to have been resolved, however, don't think they'll ever be for me. Couldn't agree more, the Hajimoto Package Deals, are really something, I, however, decided to keep my Gen One Gauntlet, as is, and just buy another lighter/smaller PCP. The JTS Airacuda Max, so far, remains of interest, as we await arrival. WM

First off, just want to wish Garry a speedy recovery!

My take on the Gen 3

I picked one of these up right after they came in stock, even before they changed the price and then offered the $100 code because people complained. In today's economy, $400 was worth the rifle I got. $500 is definitely pushing it, but its honestly in my opinion a better quality rifle than an Mrod or even my 2 Kral rifles I have paid more for. 

Getting 30 shots on the reg at 890-900 fps with 18.13s and one hole accuracy off a bench at 30-40 yards is definitely worth 400 bucks. Eats the CPHP very well too and same point of impact as the jsb pellets. Theyre doing 965 fps. The cocking lever is butter smooth and locks up great, has no slop or wiggle. Quiet enough no need for moderator, handles and balances well. It is smaller and lighter than an Mrod, and I believe it is built much better. My only complaints are I wanted more shots before it came off the reg, but I have a compressor and 3L 4500 psi bottle to carry with me so it's almost a non issue. The other, is my stock finish could be better, but that also makes it easier for me to use in the field since I won't be as worried about banging it up like say my Turkish walnut stocks on my Krals or my Akela.

This round of guns has been disappointing for me, the .22 will not shoot under 6-7 MOA at 50 yards no matter what pellet it eats. Yes, the barrel is clean and everything, even the scope has been checked then swapped just to ensure for a good platform. The crown is even and smooth BUT I do have a significant choke in my barrel, 0.003" and I think it may not have been purposefully put there. 

I will be sending it back for exchange/repair this week. Also, since warranty has changed, I expect a lot of hassle and excuses as they work to cut losses on this gun. 

I think the sole reason for the $500 price tag is that the JTS gun is still in China. Once here, the MAX will creep up to $520 or the DAR will come down to the $400 price it had. 

In the meantime, I continue to seek out a 100 yard gun.