Dynamic Air Rifles .25

I got my stock DAR 25 shooting more 33.95 grain JSBs. The first three shots I didn't capure. Here's the remainder of the string. I didn't have any big temperature swings during the shoot this time. So I am thinking without any tweaks I get a little over a dozen shots from 3000psi before the velocity change is notable.

12/5/20 13:49:59,772
12/5/20 13:50:06,770
12/5/20 13:50:11,777
12/5/20 13:50:17,768
12/5/20 13:50:24,779
12/5/20 13:50:31,770
12/5/20 13:50:36,768
12/5/20 13:51:54,761
12/5/20 13:52:00,756
12/5/20 13:52:07,745
12/5/20 13:52:12,738
12/5/20 13:52:19,733
12/5/20 13:52:25,721
12/5/20 13:52:32,714
12/5/20 13:52:37,703
12/5/20 13:52:42,703
12/5/20 13:52:52,689

1206200925.1607275774.jpg

A view of the hammer spring adjustment

Well it looks like the shroud is an M18.5 x 0.75 thread.

I feel good about the thread pitch measurement...both 0.7 and 0.8 gauges slowly diverge while the 0.75 meshes perfectly.

I'm iffy on the 18.5mm figure. I expected an integer value. My end cap's major diameter measures 18.42mm (0.725")...too far away from 19mm to make sense. The tube's minor diameter measures 17.83mm (0.702") if that helps solidify it.

Thank You for the info.. doesn't look like there is an adapter that i can find , other than the shrouded deal with the monocore posted up ...

bummer , one of my requirements is a Very Quiet Gun.....

Odoyle, do you know if this mono-core suppressor effects POI at all on the Liberties, I'm impressed by the 10db drop but concerned about accuracy. Had tried the Crosman mono-core for the Trail when the Liberty was first released in the US, besides the fact that it didn't help much with the sound it also affected my POI.

Sorry for the late reply I only came across the website investigating a viable lighter amd cheaper alternative to the TKO for my Crosman- Benjamin guns and pistols. Have you already tried small hair curlers wrapped with oiled scotch brite type material stuffed into the shroud separated by spacer washers?

Odoyle, do you know if this mono-core suppressor effects POI at all on the Liberties, I'm impressed by the 10db drop but concerned about accuracy. Had tried the Crosman mono-core for the Trail when the Liberty was first released in the US, besides the fact that it didn't help much with the sound it also affected my POI.

I found that IF the mono-core from the Trail was not placed inside the shroud and in contact with the barrel (on Freedoms) it did cause a POI shift. No matter where I placed it in my DIY moderator, it simply did not work well. Once I placed it inside the shroud on the Freedoms and then placed my DIY slip-on moderator on the shroud, it worked fine. It did reduce the db level to my ears, but not as much as I would have liked. However, that is still how I have them configured. Not sure if this pertains directly to the Liberty, but I did not modify the Trail mono-core to fit inside the Freedom shroud, so it poked out enough that there was some ventilation outside of the shroud. In other words, the mono-core was not made to fit tightly at the open end of the shroud. It stuck out enough for air to escape around the side and not just the center hole. The mono-core was held in place by the DIY slip-on moderator such that there was some air that was allowed to escape into the moderator other than the bore hole of the mono-core. I am not sure I am explaining this very well... but suffice to say that the mono-core did not do well when used as part of the slip-on moderator. It was only useful when it was in full contact with the barrel inside of the shroud. It seems the Trail mono-core works OK as an air stripper, but not so much as a moderator on the Freedom and since the Liberty is much the same design, I think the same can be said for it too.

By itself, the mono-core was not very effective in ANY configuration I tried with the Freedoms. However, please note that I did not try ALL configurations, so I could be wrong...

Yes I did have the Trail mono-core all the way in so the end cap could be scewed on, it didn't help.

Yes, have been using a Scotchbrite pad wrapped around a 1/2" spring for over a year, works well but the pad has a tendency to shift and poke out between the coils and strands then droop into the pellet's path. I have a set of 1/2" curlers on the way from Amazon and I bought a piece of craft felt from Hobby Lobby to fashion a new one.

I'm currently waiting on my action to come back from Duy Dihn, he machined my stock valve and made a peek poppet for me, should be here by Monday or Tuesday. I'm looking forward to having a poppet that won't leak for a long time.

Yes I did have the Trail mono-core all the way in so the end cap could be scewed on, it didn't help.

Yes, have been using a Scotchbrite pad wrapped around a 1/2" spring for over a year, works well but the pad has a tendency to shift and poke out between the coils and strands then droop into the pellet's path. I have a set of 1/2" curlers on the way from Amazon and I bought a piece of craft felt from Hobby Lobby to fashion a new one.

I'm currently waiting on my action to come back from Duy Dihn, he machined my stock valve and made a peek poppet for me, should be here by Monday or Tuesday. I'm looking forward to having a poppet that won't leak for a long time.

I haven't used a spring so far. I use ~1/2 inch (pink) hair curlers from Dollar Tree and "cup washers" that are half of a grommet replacement "washer" (HF grommet replacement kit). I wrap the curlers, cut to differing lengths, with the Scotch Brite knock off from Dollar tree, also cut to fit/wrap around each segment of the curlers and use the cup washers as baffles in between. I have to snip one end of the curler segments for the cup washer to fit inside the curler, which helps to keep the washer centered. The cup washer is a very loose fit in a 1 inch PVC pipe, so air is allowed to pass through the center and around the sides. I also have not tried using oil to soak the Scotch Brite style pads as has been suggested here.

If I had a digital printer, I would like to try simply filling the 1 inch PVC pipe with baffles similar to the Marauder/Fortitude and use a coil spring to keep them in place.

The spring allows the baffles to open a space between them when a shot is fired and seems to be the best simple form of suppression I have used so far as is evidenced by how quiet the Fortitude is with only 3 Marauder style baffles and a weak spring.

p.s.

BTW, Duy seems to really know what he is doing. I have talked to him about the poppet and may move that way with the Freedoms. Money is not always available though...