DYING. SHOOTING STYLE

When I was competing and learning, the popular advice was to watch the best shooters and mimic their style until I had my own developed. What a waste of time for ME! My natural style favored what has just been previously described (Don't dilly dally on the shot). Just get in a solid position, Sight alignment,breathe and exhale,hold ,pat the trigger and DAMN....an X, rinse & repeat and another X . If you don't compete, just pretend those X's are eyeballs.
Practice the basics that yield the best results for you. And for some folks a shooters diary will be very helpful. We've all had days when things just clicked and we went home smiling. Unfortunately it is difficult to remember just what we did right without a little helper. >>If none of this applies to you, then just pass it by and keep having fun!!<<
Cheers

Read this thread weeks ago and have been thinking about it ever since. I enjoy pushing myself to get the most accuracy possible on a bench or rest, but every time I get the gun out to use it when I really need it, to shoot a pest or snake, I do it off hand... why don't I practice that way? Really made me change my thought process on how I shoot in between times. I don't compete, I mainly shoot pests off hand, so now I practice that way. I use all of the support/bench rest equipment I can to prove to myself and research what I can do with a gun at different distances and record that information, and then I practice those shots shooting off hand. Has totally made me a better shooter. Good thread.

I've been practicing at 55yd with a shoot to reset Crosman Zombie. The kill zone is 1.5", the reset paddle is 2". It was at the end of my seated practice session. I went 3/5. Hit with the first shot, missed the next two the hit with the last two. I was using an FTP900 and AA 8.4g pellets.

Edit: I was using a shooting jacket.

"John_in_Ma"I've been practicing at 55yd with a shoot to reset Crosman Zombie. The kill zone is 1.5", the reset paddle is 2". It was at the end of my seated practice session. I went 3/5. Hit with the first shot, missed the next two the hit with the last two. I was using an FTP900 and AA 8.4g pellets.
Edit: I was using a shooting jacket.
nicely done ,

Have any of you heard of the Appleseed Project?

The Appleseed Project is a rifle marksmanship clinic that focuses on teaching traditional rifle marksmanship skills from standing, sitting/kneeling, and prone positions over a two-day weekend shooting clinic for what is termed an "Appleseed". 

Most of the shooting is done at 25 yards and focuses on basic rifle shooting. You will learn how to find your "natural point of aim"; How to create a solid platform for your rifle using only field positions and proper body position; How to use a sling; How to use breathing to control your aim; How to read your target, adjust your sights/scope, the six steps to firing an accurate shot, and much much more. You will also learn why being a rifleman is an integral part of being an American and the history behind our Revolutionary War.

The program has expanded and I believe you can now find weekend clinics going on in most of the 50 states. One of the best things about it is the cost . . . about $70 for a weekend slam-packed full of great instruction, put on by dedicated instructors who 'volunteer' for this non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.

Their motto is: "The Appleseed Project . . . Returning America to a Nation of Riflemen"

Click here for more info Home[/QUOTE]https://appleseedinfo.org/embed/#?secret=0biViYDRH9