• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Dusted Off the Old Maximus. Nice!

My 2018 Maximus sprung a slow leak about a year ago and I put it away. Last week I bought a new fill adaptor from Crosman ($13.75) and put teflon tape on the gauge threads.
The leak stopped completely.

Then I put 'ol Max thru the chrony. First 3 shots with CPHP 14.3 were 867, 865, 866 fps. Then I loaded a Hobby 11.9 and got 901 fps. My last few good shots were around 770fps with the hollow points. Not too shabby!

I'd forgotten how much I like this gun. It's a keeper.

Just last week (the misses) found dusty Maximus I got from "SteveV" a forum member over a year ago that I only fired maybe 20 times before putting it away -had no extra scope and cant use iron sights anymore-.
Bunch of custom parts, trigger, adjuster, hammer spring adjuster,spring, TP, other. Happen to have a new Hawke Vantage laying on the table & thanks to your reminder about these low psi rifle think I'll slap that scope on and give it a go tomorrow.
I'll try and post up some info.

John

Reactions: MJS and SteveV