• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dug Out My Disco

About 6 years ago I bought a Benjamin Discovery .22 from a coworker. He had bought it and wanted to upgrade. He didn't shoot it very much. It came with a pump. It was my first PCP airgun. I upgraded it a bit with a TKO moderator, a better trigger, and a cheap 4x scope. I shot it a bit, but lost interest in it for some reason or another.

I was looking through my stuff and found the pump for the Disco yesterday. I thought, "Let me dig this thing out and see if it works." I haven't touched it in 5 1/2 years. It had been just sitting in my closet. To my surprise it still had around 1200 psi in the tank! Since I have a SCBA tank now I filled it to 2000 psi in no time. Way better than pumping, I might add.

I set up the chronograph and fired a string over it with some 14.3gr Crossman Premier HP's. It's no FX Impact, that's for sure, but it is pretty good. First 6 shots were 880-873, then it dropped off. It is good for for about 10 shots or so. By then it is down to about 830-810. Still fun enough to plink around camp when I go out hunting. It shoots the cheap 14.3 pellets pretty well actually. I'm glad I did dig it out of the closet. This old Disco just keeps on chugging.