Me, my 4.5 yo son and his 10 yo cousin had a dude day today. Dave & Buster's, lunch, R/C boats in the pond, Legos, toy car racing, bikes, pedal carts, and of course, some trigger time for the boys.

Darn, I'm tired...

20220202_200420.1643850562.jpg

I was up on a roof, doing a quick fix on a PTZ camera that got knocked a bit around in the storm a few days ago, while my friend was monitoring me seated on a chair down below in the front yard.

Dident take more than a hour getting the camera on its pole down off the chimney it is mounted on, quickly find out that what is needed is more than can be done on a ladder on a 50 degree roof, and steel screws + ALU and a few years exposure to the elements are not a good combination, then doing a quick "fix" and put the damn thing back up ( and this is a small PTZ camera not a full sized one on a 6 foot steel pole )

Me muttering " I am too old for this sh.. " happen all too often

I am sort of happy my sisters kids dont have much interest in what their uncle can teach them, but they still like him when he can act like a combined janitor / electrician / plumber / mechanic / fix it all guy.

SSN say 55 - body say 75+ - mind though still think everything is 30, even if that crazy idea get disproved again and again.

@TxMaligator Brother, I'm with you. I'm a licensed K6 teacher here in NC btw. My GI Bill paid for it!

Things I tell my son on the daily:

*Dont worry its just blood, chicks dig scars. *Son, if you're on the ground, you better get yourself up as fast as you can, unless you got a broken bone. *A man opens doors for ladies, be a gentleman. *Boy, hot, nasty, speed is what wins races! *This is gonna be your knife soon. *Gun safety, Son! *Send it!!! *Put your tools back in your toolbox everytime! *Hit that puddle!!! *Nope, can't help you out until you've failed 10 times. Failing proves to you what will not work. Failing is O.K. *No, you're not getting a power wheels. We're going straight to gas power. We can walk faster than a PW rolls, Son. (Strider Balance bikes RULE! Below is his current bike, he never had training wheels.)

20220202_215228.1643856894.jpg
20220202_215310.1643856896.jpg
20220202_215343.1643856898.jpg

I hope he finds a woman who wants a real man, in this world of pansies, snowflakes and other human invertebrates.