drying air with a hand pump

Can you just add the dry air system to the pump or did you have to buy it with the dry air system on the pump 
IMG_20210216_205153.1613526893.jpg

One idea is to use air from a shop compressor, regulated to a low input, maybe 2-5 psi. Air has already been compressed and moisture condensed into compressor tank. Other way is to put a heat exchanger, a small one (like a auto trans cooler, or a coil of copper tube) in a freezer. Draw air from outside freezer through heat exchanger, through a tube, to pump, air would go below dew point and dry it, water would stay in tube or in condenser to be drained later. You could draw air from freezer, but it would frost up your freezer.

One idea is to use air from a shop compressor, regulated to a low input, maybe 2-5 psi. Air has already been compressed and moisture condensed into compressor tank. Other way is to put a heat exchanger, a small one (like a auto trans cooler, or a coil of copper tube) in a freezer. Draw air from outside freezer through heat exchanger, through a tube, to pump, air would go below dew point and dry it, water would stay in tube or in condenser to be drained later. You could draw air from freezer, but it would frost up your freezer.

This is not condusive for HPA filtration. In line filters preferably with molecule shieves are the way to go.

I'm wondering all this as well. I'm about to buy a Benjamin Marauder and trying to decide if I should get that same Hill pump with the dry air system or go for a cheap compressor and spend a bit more to get a coalescing filter of some sort. Of course my wallet says to suck it up and hand pump my gun, but the other side of me says to just get a small compressor and some kind of filter. Thing is, I'd be pissed if I spend 450 bucks for a cheap compressor and it breaks in few months. That's literally money flushed down the toilet.

Those drypac filter on the hills pump does nothing because its for the intake only. I have both mk3 and mk4 and still get moisture in my guns. Because the heat from the pump builds up moisture and it will go into your gun. What you need is a output filter. It helps to trap and capture the moisture before it goes into your gun.

Interesting. Seems pretty useless then. WTH Hill?? Kind of seems shady for them to market it as a solution to getting water in your gun!