• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

DRONES in Airgunning

I realize, technology has helped moved the hobby of airgunning so many leaps. Watching Ted, use a drone to hang a target and show us the tutorial in shooting vertically makes me think that this gadget could modernize hunting with airguns, opening up a possibility of scanning out a possible target from a distance at a different angle than from a riflescope view. 

With that in mind, will someone please help get introduced to these drones and associated equipment, budget costs, and things like that so I could perhaps prepare my acquisition of my first drone for that purpose?

Is there a head mounted display and pilot control module with these things so I could operate like a remotely piloted drone?

I apologize for the naive inquiry. Best regards to all.

Davex

I don't know anything about them at all. I don't really know the guys that run this shop http://www.dronekits.us other than they sometimes come to our matches. The have never mentioned to me that they run the store. I duduced it from their email address.

I getting nothing out of this. Heck (I doubt it but they might not even approve) but they are good eggs and very clever guys. I'm only posting because they are airgunners. I'm sure that they have thought how to combine the two interests through.

edited to add... If you do contact them tell um the "Pneumatics" sent ya.

My son and I use our drone a lot. We have the DJI phantom II (the last model before the 3 came out). I'd recommend spending some considerable time on youtube to watch videos, so you can know what to expect. Also we have not combined airguns and drones. thanks for the idea. This drone like many others are GPS controlled so they hover when they are supposed to and fight against wind etc. Ping me if you have more questions.

Drone and extra batteries around 1200 bucks.

I have used drones in numerous different countries for photography. I really don't fly them. I have camera equipment on board and when the pilot gets it to a certain area of interest, I do the photography part. For guides, I can see them using a drone a lot, looking for animals they are hunting, checking out feeders etc. To me I would be able to use a drone or play with airguns and accessories. Both hobbies are expensive, especially drones. There are numerous web sites out there dedicated to drones, do some searching and you will find many interesting drones. A good one that is truly reliable is every bit as much as a good air rifle, ($2,000+).

Good luck