Driving cross country with air guns

Thanks - drive 12.5 hours straight yesterday to wrap up the trip. Craziest thing I didn’t get drowsy once on the whole trip - even with drinking way less coffee than usual and mediocre sleep. My 16 y.o. kid is off to college, separating from my wife, moving to rescue my dad, keeping a car full of pets alive… guess change and stress Is the only stimulant I needed.

I actually had a cat, 2 rats, and a fish with me on trip… now you can be sure I’m crazy I guess. Just couldn’t abandon the pets… had to stay in some sketch hotels to be able to stay with the pets.

As luck would have it the one place that was really a dive and I would have been tempted to leave otherwise happened to be packed with bikers from the Sturgis rally which made it into a great place to be - never seen so many happy, outgoing, positive boomers in one place. No that is not a swipe at the boomers, I don’t buy that generational divisive rhetoric… they just happened to all be boomers and all be in a great mood. Couldn’t have timed it better.

Reactions: Trunion
I don’t expect any of this is very interesting, but none of my physical associates have any interest in guns, air or otherwise, so here I am…

A nice celebration of this trip, for me, has been shooting .360 roundball at a gong at ~30 yards with the Rex p, iron sights, off-hand unbraced / unsupported.

Missed on the first shot but I can consistently hit it even though it’s a bit hard to sight clearly given my eyes, the distance, and the size of the gong. I won’t say how big the gong is so you won’t laugh at me for being proud of being able to hit it. It’s not small…

Nice kick and -pang!- on the gong, very satisfying! In fact, I think I’ll go give it another shot. :)