Dreamline vs Crown

If you are having good results with your FX DL, you are in the minority. I have one and have tested it with 3 different barrels, and it's accuracy doesn't come close to my RAW, Daystate, or Air Arms 500 HFT. You are limited to 20 fpe in FT, so all this power adjustment stuff is kinda moot cause you don't need it. If you are serious about FT, look in the FT forum and see what others are shooting in the match results. You hardly see any FX rifles.. Personally, I like my two Crowns in 22 cal, but wouldn't buy one in .177 for FT.

Reactions: Ghostranger169
If you are having good results with your FX DL, you are in the minority. I have one and have tested it with 3 different barrels, and it's accuracy doesn't come close to my RAW, Daystate, or Air Arms 500 HFT. You are limited to 20 fpe in FT, so all this power adjustment stuff is kinda moot cause you don't need it. If you are serious about FT, look in the FT forum and see what others are shooting in the match results. You hardly see any FX rifles.. Personally, I like my two Crowns in 22 cal, but wouldn't buy one in .177 for FT.
jps2486 it seems to me that your results are in the minority. When you look at the FT results, you'll find lots of FX rifles in the mix.
This is my first year shooting FT and I've been using my Impact M3 with a .177 / 600mm barrel. Once adjusted, this setup has been accurate and dependable. My scores have been steadily improving as my FT skills improve. I just purchased a .177 / 500mm barrel for my Crown MkII and have been impressed with its accuracy as well. Still testing different pellets and speeds. My brother joined me in shooting FT this year using his DL in .177, also getting good results. (He's a better shooter than me). There are also several guys in our FT club that successfully use .177 DreamLines.

Soloshot, I don't think you'll go wrong getting a .177 Crown for a 'backup' gun. I've got one! (y)
Also I find the Crown to be more comfortable when shooting off hand compared to the M3.

FX can be fine tuned to be extremely accurate, every bit as accurate as my Thomas. With some work it certain can be almost as consistent as my Thomas as well.

This is 3 shot group today at 30 yards with the Dreamline in FT chassis off of rest and got lucky with the wind:
068EBFBB-E416-4E76-A9D7-327161D6C351.jpeg

Second group isn’t as lucky with the wind:
ADD520F2-E9E6-4140-B4A3-41BF616ECA07.jpeg

Granted they could be better. If you want to know the groups in the lower part of first picture were from my Thomas but from a different day, not sure why it didn’t want to group at 30 yards that day so gonna have to clean the barrel again.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the inputs. I removed the power wheel from my DL as the standard adjuster with jam nut provides finer tuning, shot count is good with bottle and current tune so no benefit from a bottle. So maybe another DL in say a GRS stock may be the 2nd HFT pcp for me.

Power wheel indeed is a waste/moot point if you going to dedicate the gun for HFT. The jam nut setup is a lot more consistent for sure! If you have big hands you gonna love the GRS stock, it’s just awesome. The FT chassis is worth a look also because of the T slot rail underneath for a palm rest/hamster which is very handy for forced positions, it really makes a big difference shooting offhand. I know people rest their arm on the hamster while on bipod which makes it very very stable with weight of your arm hanging down on the bottom.

If I decide to shoot HFT again I definitely would pick the Dreamline in FT chassis first. Plus Utah air has smoking deals on them!

They don’t have anything FX right now so you just have to preorder and wait.

Last edited:
FX can be fine tuned to be extremely accurate, every bit as accurate as my Thomas. With some work it certain can be almost as consistent as my Thomas as well.

This is 3 shot group today at 30 yards with the Dreamline in FT chassis off of rest and got lucky with the wind:
View attachment 279128

Second group isn’t as lucky with the wind:
View attachment 279130

Granted they could be better. If you want to know the groups in the lower part of first picture were from my Thomas but from a different day, not sure why it didn’t want to group at 30 yards that day so gonna have to clean the barrel again.
Very nice, when the stars line up at night and I have the perfect coffee n eggs combo in the morning sometimes my groups look like that too :)

Reactions: qball