Dreamline Tactical vs wildcat

Wildcat is a proven piece of hardware and a great bullpup.comes in all common calibers and can be adjusted to shoot laser accurate. I know people who own them and have seen their results with my own eyes. .25cal 34gr JSB's 900fps pellet on pellet @50 yards. shotgun shells @100yards. Talk to palm beach airguns I believe he has a tuner for them.

The Dreamline gives you many configurations kind of the like the AR15 or Lego of airguns. It can be morphed into many different guns long and short, full sized stocks in several wood or synthetic units, Bullpup, or the Tactical folding stock or not ect. It also has an externally adjustable regulator, hammer spring, and transfer port like the Impact and Crown as well as the angled high capacity magazine. The Wildcat not so much. Still the Wildcat has different calibers and stocks available.

I have a 22 wildcat and its a sweet gun head shots on squirrels at 50 yards is easy but its pellet picky it likes 18.13 JSB that is the most accurate it shoots the same hole wollowed out at 32 yards and i have it shooting 30.56 FPE it rocks hard the only thing i dont care for is the fill probe its ok i prefer the connector on my crown i am probably gonna sell it after the first of the year and order me a Dream Tac Compact.

Proven? Taking all the negative threads written here, by posters that know, with all the regulator problems, soft fire control issues,hammers, and simply problems with no fixes that I read about here, and remembering my Tarantula and two Royals, what exactly has been proven? Price perhaps, complexity beyond many pcp fans capabilities to fix?

Roachcreek

The wildcat is an awesome gun! I just picked up a second one, so now I have both a 30 and a 25, both MK2’s. It is an awesome gun, but yes, very finicky. Hopefully you are mechanically inclined and have the desire to work on your own guns. If not, there’s folks out there to assist. By finicky, I mean it’s not an easy gun to tear into and troubleshoot. But once you conquer it, it is spot on every time, all day, everyday. Set it and forget it.

Having owned only a Marauder and a hatsan bully, I felt the wildcat needed more “attention” than those others. It felt “needy”. But after the frustration went away, and I learned all there is about this gun(big thanks to CHUCK)it rules over my PCP herd. So very accurate, compact, light, and quiet if you invest in a right/correct moderator. Changing an o ring on these can be intimidating, but it can be won over.

Reactions: sonny
What else makes you want a Dreamline Tac Compact besides the fill.

and why the compact and not the regular Dreamline Tac ?

Just to clarify are you considering the Dream Tac or the Dream Tac Compact. The former has a longer barrel, larger air cylinder and will give you more power and shots per fill. The Tact Compact while short and very cool only gets about 25 shots per fill and has less power output. Of course down the road you can buy the extra component to change its configuration. Bill

Oh and the other thing the Dreamlines magazine in .22 cal. for example holds 18 pellets while the Wildcat only 8, if you do a lot of pesting and in general you will appreciate the extra capacity.

Airgunbill you wouldn't have less power output with the compact the accessories is what changes not the basic dreamline body ? You would have less shots because of the 230cc air tank.

Of course that is what I thought I said in my post. I think the Tact Compact only has about a 70cc air cylinder plus a 380mm barrel. The Dream Tact a 220cc cylinder, 500mm barrel and about 60 shots per fill in .22 caliber. That is unless you are planning to upgrade to a bottle on either and the Tact Compact still could not match the power out put with the longer barrel on the Tact. Bill