• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dreamline short throw cocking lever

The dreamline platform has been around for quite some time, and I’m honestly surprised there’s not as much aftermarket for them as other FX platforms.
I stumbled on 910 airguns website about 6 months ago, and he showed a ‘coming soon’ dreamline short throw lever. I was ecstatic. While I love my dreamline, I always wanted a shorter throw to the cocking. I waited and waited. Messaged Newman quite a few times, and he assured me they were coming and to be patient.
Well, last week I went on his site, and the ‘coming soon’ had gone. No more mention of the dreamline short throw. I’m bummed!!

Does anyone else know of somewhere I could get one? I’ve looked everywhere. Ernest used to make them, but I believe he stopped so Newman could take over. I really think the dreamline could benefit from a shorter throw on their cocking handle. Even if it sacrifices a little bit of its buttery smoothness. Lol

• Sad
Reactions: qball
Did this ever happen? Have a couple of dreamline compacts and would love a shorter throw.

Just ordered mine today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joedirt199
Finally showed up but unfortunately my DTC is in pieces, broke the valve pin last week after well over 10,000 rounds. This is my first major mechanical failure in 3 years from 6 FX guns, so could be worse. FX has a new valve pin in transit!👍
IMG_4472.jpeg

Installed mine last week. Wasn’t hard to do, but the lever is slightly bigger than the frsme, so it won’t properly seat in the action. I’m going to have to sand it down for it to work properly. I’ll provide pictures this afternoon when I get home.
I was super stoked to get this, but looks like the first iteration is going to need some mods.
also, it doesn’t really feel like a short throw right now. The lever still goes way back to set the hammer. It’s more just a shorter lever than the stock. The throw seems to be the same.
of course I tried emailing Newman, but they’re all at rmac, so his site was down till he comes back I guess.

Ok, had a little extra times this morning, so here’s som pics and a little video of where it catches.

View attachment 365739View attachment 365740

Mine rubs just tiny little bit at the same spot, doesn't catch like yours or a slight resistance when closing. Might sand it down just a touch also. When it closes the fit is very nice and tight but they could have just backed off the arm thickness just 1/10 of mm.

Mine rubs just tiny little bit at the same spot, doesn't catch like yours or a slight resistance when closing. Might sand it down just a touch also. When it closes the fit is very nice and tight but they could have just backed off the arm thickness just 1/10 of mm.
It’s almost like they forgot to take up for the cerakote thickness.

It’s almost like they forgot to take up for the cerakote thickness.

Yeah, this is what happens when engineering with really tight tolerances. it’s better to have certain margin of error, hope the problem doesn’t get worse with higher temp.

Yours seems worse than mine, maybe you should ask them to send you a new/updated one.

Yeah, this is what happens when engineering with really tight tolerances. it’s better to have certain margin of error, hope the problem doesn’t get worse with higher temp.

Yours seems worse than mine, maybe you should ask them to send you a new/updated one.
Honestly, I’ll just deal with this for now, and maybe wait till a new iteration comes out. Tbh, I waited a year for this one, so I’m not letting it go that easy. Lol