• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dreamline`s Comin`

Now this is my opinion and mine alone. But, it d@#$ sure is my opinion,

I think this is a genius move. Fully adjustable and modifiable platform. WOW,,,

BUT, why in the world would i buy a new rifle with old technology? ST sleeve instead of X! Just a cheap ploy to milk another C note out of us. Why O Why hasn't Fx realized that Huma is the way to go for regs? It would pay in the warranty shop! It also would end much of my (our) frustrations with innaccuracy that is directly attributable to reg stability and consistancy.

Don't send me hate mail. Just think about what I said and give me a counter arguement (if you can),

I say don't buy it! They tried the same thing on WC MK2 but quickly inserted the X barrel.

Reactions: Tweeter
I’m disappointed in my fx, but once again it is my first pcp. I just expected it to be a lot less flimsy and rattly for the money I spent. The shroud rattles every time you pick it up or set it down and yes it was sent back to fx for a leak that was fixed with no info on the issue till I sent several emails. So even though I want an impact, I’m going a different direction. I own several powder burners and non seem as flimsy as my fx. 

I agree.

I was thinking of Streamline in .25 cal, but have been waiting for the arrival of Dreamline to take a hard look. My only guess is that FX is trying to stay at a market price point, they do not want to exceed vs. their high end competition. i.e., Daystate Regal HUMA Regulated comes to mind, as just one example. Not sure why they did not include the Huma regulator either, unless there is some business or technical justification for doing so.

Maybe the YouTube Channel advocates ( Matt, Steve, Ted and others ) can explain the rationale or at least find out. Not sure.

why aren’t they putting them in new guns, or at least offer the option instead of making it an upgrade?

Money . end of story. Now, while sometimes manufacturers do respond to customer requests, the # 1 motivator will be drop in sales . end of story. As long as folk out there are willing to shell out top money for the latest and greatest, that will not change, and why should it? 

why aren’t they putting them in new guns, or at least offer the option instead of making it an upgrade?

Money . end of story. Now, while sometimes manufacturers do respond to customer requests, the # 1 motivator will be drop in sales . end of story. As long as folk out there are willing to shell out top money for the latest and greatest, that will not change, and why should it?

I completely agree look at all the regulated rifles coming out now because everyone wanted them. If you cannot keep pace you lose sales. 

More of production not keeping up with marketing. FX guns are very good, innovation I think being Fred Ax's main driving force.

What get's me is developing, marketing and showing new products to the trade whilst not being able to fulfill orders of current "new" products.

Or perhaps we have it all wrong, perhaps the YouTuber's are driving the need to show new products to fill their videos?

Demand outstripping supply is a companies dream of course, but that has led to the downfall of some big players in the past!

Of course you could say they fell because they didn't develop new products, so maybe FX has it right?

There technically is no wrong or right being done exactly. It depends on the paradigm. FX is doing a few things right (from their perspective) MARKETING, advancement and development - always trying something new, pushing the envelope, Sales - they obviously are doing well in this department. From the consumers POV though, if you think about it, Companies like this are "releasing" new products every year, but here we are, over 6-8 months later, and some of those products are just being released, and not all of them. No matter how good these guns may be, that kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth as a consumer. 

Take Apple, they release new phones every year, alway pushing inovation, are very expensive, AND are available to purchase within days or weeks of announcement. 

Now, I have shot an FX Streamline before and to me it seemed very solid, good ergos, and shot very smoothly. The gun had been worked on and tuned by someone that is very well known FX tuner, so there's that. It was also extremely accurate gun. As far as I know, it was using the standard ST barrel. 

I have never owened one, let alone multiple models. But, my personal thoughts are that I would trust more the simpler models like the WC, SL, etc. The other more complex models have a lot of points of potential failure. Perhaps because they move a lot of product and have a lot of owners, I do notice many folk complaing of problems with them, needing to be repaired, etc. Then, there are many very happy owners that swear they are the best guns . bar none. 

Why all the hate on FX? Don't like their product....don't buy it. Pretty easy!

I have a couple of their rifles, along with other top brands. They are doing innovative work, continuing to bring new products to market, which is driving the industry on a whole to improve. So they tip their hand early on new products before they are ready to ship them, and you can't buy them as soon as you would like. It gets people talking about their products...may bring someone to the brand that is new to the sport or the brand...not really a bad thing. It may also help them in tweaking the product before it actually hits the stores with feedback such as this.

But if you want a Huma Reg...Daystate is using them and makes beautiful rifles.

Want a fully rifled barrel...lots of brands have that and some using the LW polygon barrels.

I think it is pretty fair to say FX is at the front of the pack at many times. Leading edges does mean bleeding edge at times, but hates off to them for taking the risk and getting out in front at times.

In May of this year I purchased an FX Impact --- I was assured by Kip Perow, that it was an Impact x, although the markings on the rifle only says FX impact. The rifle did not have a dust cover, as did my FX Royale and my FX Boss (purchased last year).

I spoke to "Rich" at the dealership about this and was told they were out of the dust covers at that time. I requested and "Rich" promised to send me the dust cover when they came in. This was in May, mind you. To date: No dust cover for fill port.

Currently the following is listed on their site under accessories:

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/parts/aoa-magnetic-dust-cover/

~~~~~~~~~

I do not appreciate being nickled and dimed and lied to after spending over $20 grand with this dealership over a 2 year period.

No problem, I will shop elsewhere.

I honestly don't see how an "x barrel" can be more consistent and give me better accuracy than what I am achieving now. 100yd under an inch 5 shot groups with the standard smooth twist barrel with 34gn JSB MKII. I am waiting to see a true comparison between the two barrels and why the "X" is better. I understand the liners and ability to swap out the liners but I want to know about accuracy differences if there are any. I absolutely love my FX Streamline(yes there are some engineering and design aspects I would change) but I am looking into Daystate or evenEdgun for a bit of variety in my collection. I am addicted to this stuff. Also anything with a Huma will be a win in my book!

These days it seems FX is doing VERY well on marketing! They also seem to be doing very well at lowering production costs while increasing prices. Nothing wrong with all that.

Now are there barrels worth an extra $ ? I have NEVER seen a competitor seeks out any FX barrel to be used on a different rig. CZ, BSA, Anschutz, LW , other but never a smooth twist/other FX barrel. They MUST be great barrels. ? .

FX does not have the QC of years gone by. They do not test out ( or seemingly think out ) their latest greatest designs but rather build & ship & make money today.

No hidden magic or science to making a regulator. A Huma or Ninja reg can not really be better than anything else IF it's a good design and QC is employed. 

IF there is a problem w/FX regs it is in the QC. They SHOULD be as good as any.

STIFF barrel. Ridged barrel. NO flex. ... ... .... .

USED to be things folks looked for in a barrel. Now some are tripping over themselves to buy something with orings locating a lined , very odd.

If FX cared for $-0.00 more ( after re-tooling perhaps) their regulators could be flawless.

For the price of a machined Benchmark or Lilja barrel I would want something very special. Now for about the price of 2 FX upgrade barrels you could have a custom batch run of LW's to your specs, wow. But if trying to go that route a person would have to have their own idea on what they wanted/needed instead of being told something no other manufacturer is interested in.

Nothing against FX, all airguns are fun and I still love the old school FX rigs ( very high QC on those, heck 15 years w/out an oring leaking, pretty good) but if only looking at value they are insanely over priced.

It goes this way because so many want the latest greatest ( greatest , huh?) not because it is truly a superior product and worth the money.

John

I find the design of the FX regulator is what is the cause for over half of the consistency issues. Take a look at a Huma and all the spring washers(belleville washers) are encased in an aluminum housing. This does not allow the washers to move side to side ever so slightly or become out of perfect alignment this design also leads to less potential debris getting between the washers. If you hold an FX reg you can move those washers by hand ever so slightly out of alignment. Huma made a good design and it also helps keep any debris(if any) from getting to the internals of the regulator. 

FX has found an air gunner's itch and sold the lotion. They Identified a deep current of tinkerers and is giving them a way to play (scratch the itch). Benjamin Marauder is a classic example of an aftermarket revenue stream. Just a different way to make money and separate your product from everyone else. Daystate is primo and approaches the market differently. The old saying "there is an ass for every seat" is still true. Room for all to play.

Well said Keyman, no argument here. The fact that FX owners STILL have to pay extra to get a reliable regulator for their (very expensive) brand new gun is one of the reasons I just won't own an FX again. When people have to order a Huma reg with their new Wildcat, that's a problem... Some obviously like FX guns enough to pay the extra so why doesn't FX show a little love for their loyal customers?

I'm one that had a regulator problem with my Wildcat. Installed a Huma. But my Streamline has been flawless for over 1,000 shots on the factory reg. Go figure.

As far as the X-liner, there is an advantage to it over the standard ST. I am shooting the 25.4gr JSB Exact pellets at 953 fps just fine with the X-liner.....1" accurate at 100 yds. That might be a tad too fast for the standard ST barrel/liner.