• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dreamline reg adjustment/POI issue

I have a Dreamline classic .30. For the last few months I’ve had the regulator pressure set around 100 (I know it’s low) with my scope perfectly zeroed. Today I decided to take the reg pressure up to ~145. I anticipated that my POI would creep up, as it has in the past when I’ve raised the reg pressure. Instead, my POI dropped so substantially that I don’t even have enough downward elevation on my scope to sight in. Is this unusual? My experience and instinct says that if anything, the opposite should be happening (pellet is traveling faster, dropping less for a greater distance, hitting higher.) Not sure what I’m missing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Higher pressure means the valve is more difficult to knock open. The hammer is barely blipping the valve open, so only a small amount of air is being released to accelerate the projectile. You'll need to increase the hammer spring tension to take advantage of the higher pressure.

I’m guessing you’re doing all this without a chronograph The way You state your poi shift and not speed. As @nervoustrig said, if your reg pressure is overpowering your hammer setting, velocity will drop. If you don’t have one, get a chronograph to measure speed. Then you can properly tune for your new reg pressure.