• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dreamline out of box accuracy

Hello everyone!

.25 dream lite with bottle - 600mm STX barrel. purchased it from Utah Airguns and it sounds like those guns leave their store shooting JSB’s between 880-900fps. My first instinct is to turn the gun down to 830-850fps for the same projectile yes/no? 

my question is what kind of accuracy should I expect out of the box with this gun? I watch too many FX impact sub-moa @ 100 yard videos and I’m trying to curb my expectations.

For comparison I can shoot 3/4” groups at 50yards on JSBs with an occasional flier out of my .25 Marauder. I never clean the barrel, but I do clean and lubricate my pellets most of the time. 

im excited to get an FX gun but Something tells me I have work to do before I’ll be really happy with it. 

also wondering if I’m going to struggle with the stock and length of the dreamlite. The adjustable comb on the marauder is really pretty nice.

ceaser, douger is right. shoot it for a while and let it settle in. I too had 2 Marauders that were very accurate out to 50yds when I did my part, always satisfying. My FX's have a different feel that I can appreciate and enjoy as well. My DL Classic .25 was set to shoot JSB 25.39 @ 905fps and it was a tack driver @50yds...when I did my part. If you don't have a chrony, you need a chrony, otherwise tuning is futile.

Some notes when tuning the DL:

•  Keep your reg pressure as low as you can for the pellets of choice, for efficiency and accuracy.
  • Add the Power Plenum.
  • This is NOT a slug gun for 150bar and 980+fps!
  • Demanding to much power from the DL could quickly destroy the Valve Seat like the early Impacts...Ask me (many) how I (we) know...nice to have a 3 yr warranty!
  • Excellent accuracy can be had in the 830-910fps range easily out to 100+- yds.
  • You will learn much here on AGN by many very qualified members.

Enjoy your DL Lite.

Patrick

i also got a dream line tack from utha air guns hreat guys to deal with mines a 25 cal doing jsb 25.34 at 845 that what the paper said i love mine i put a 220 cc tank like erenst row did and worked out great i wish they use the standard barrle noe the one i got with larger shroude like the crown has i like to use a pp but would haft to mod the shroude 

Accuracy wise you should see one small hole with the 25.39s at 50-100yds in my experience with the tune I use. anything closer your literally shooting one hole that measures the exact size of a .25 pellet.

I agree with 2L8, buy a plenum, and keep that reg low as you can. I have mine at about 115 bar. I’m shooting them about 900fps with the HS 3/4 of the way up. You could also maybe try the .25 NSA 26gr and 28gr slugs in the superior liner. I can’t say anything about that, but many people seem to have great results with the superior + 28gr slugs. Also clean that barrel real good. The gunk FX puts in there is nasty and will mess with your accuracy. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your FX gun :)